1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone using an iPhone or an unlocked phone on T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

As some of you may know, T-Mobile recently refarmed their network in Houston and other markets so that AT&T devices and unlocked world phones are now 3G/4G compatible instead of them just getting EDGE (2g).

I'd like to know how your 3G/4G(HSPA+) coverage is in Houston if you have a phone that traditionally isn't for T-Mobile USA as I recently purchased a new device and don't want to put it on at&t or any of their MVNO's.

2. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I have the HTC Titan for at&t and I've been using it on T-mobile. I get 4g most of the time now, sometimes I get edge but it really depends on the area you're in. The "nicer" parts of town I found out usually gets me 4g.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I never thought I'd see the day you'd buy a HTC phone.... :p

I'd like to know also. I'm getting tired of paying my Verizon bill since being laid off and not getting my 50% employee discount anymore. I'm seriously thinking about hopping on that $35/month play for unlimited text/data and 100 mins through T-Mobile prepay when the Nexus 4 becomes available again.

4. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

haha I got it when microsoft was doing their free phone promotion. :cool:

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Hah, I got an HTC as well. The HTC One X+

The Nexus 4 is pentaband so it will take advantage of T-Mobiles existing HSDPA network as the phone supports 1700mhz and 2100. As well as 1900mhz.

I gave up on the nexus 4 due to the supply issues :(