1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone use Kodi?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jul 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have it working on my Axon 7. That's the only thing I have it currently running on.

2. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I am a newbie on kodi stuff put so far pro sports has given me at least 4 to 5 very clear streams. I wish I had found out about this stuff earlier.

3. No Chance

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Looks interesting. I'm a beginner too.

I'm setting up my first box tonight. Posted a link a couple posts up. I'll update to say how it went. Though I've set Kodi up on my phone, so I feel decent about it.

5. Two Sandwiches

Setup was a breeze. Came with Kodi pre-installed with many add ons. Took me about fifteen minutes to import my live TV (after which I found out is down), and I was off.

Pro Sports add on for Rockets games. Watching in HD. This is worth it alone for sports.

6. No Chance

I have an old samsung tab 4 tablet can kodi be setup on this? Any links to guide me along the way?

7. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

Thinking about adding kodi to my apple tv. anyone tried it yet?

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

So which one is better, the Amazon fire tv and Amazon fire stick?

I noticed the fire tv cost $90 and the fire stick cost $40. I've read that the Fire tv runs in 4k resolution but the fire stick only runs in 1080. Is there any other difference?

Also can I install Kodi in both the Amazon fire tv and fire stick?

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I run Kodi on my three-year-old Fire stick and I've got no complaints. A keyboard or voice command for search would be nice, I guess. Whatever you pick, you should probably run it on something that you don't plan on updating ever again, because it'll basically be jailbroken. No real reason not to go cheap.

10. No Chance

Yes an here is a good info link

mario_v likes this.
  11. jae713

jae713 Member

Does the fire stick have to be jail broken to run Kodi? I have Kodi on my Sony smart tv and I just downloaded the app and added add ons without having to jailbreak or anything. Asking because I'm thinking about getting fire sticks for my other tv's

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Not jailbreaking, but it does require sideloading. If you don't know what that is, you probably want to go over some Fire Stick Kodi setup videos before shelling out.

jae713 likes this.
  13. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Am I the only one who runs Kodi on a Raspberry Pi? I think it was less than $40 and has been sturdy.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

anybody running Krypton yet? I installed it on a box I gave to my cousin for his birthday, was a bit laggy at first when first installed, but smooth afterwards

still running SpinzTV skin personally use the HardKnox build, while I use the Premium Lite build when I build boxes for others

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I loaded Krypton. Don't know if I like it yet. Suspect you are better off running SpinzTV.

16. Dave2000

if you're loading a skin on it, most builds didn't change much on appearance. If you are running Kodi bare, then it's a noticeable difference as far as presentation

No Chance likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, installed SkinzTV and the Hard Nox build I had from before Krypton. Back to being a happy camper. I am running Kodi on an Remix Mini android box.

Dave2000 likes this.
  18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Wow... That was crazy easy to setup on a fire stick. Can't believe I've been missing Rockets games all this time.

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm really liking how with the Pro Sports add on there's no commercials. Instead it's a live feed of what's going on in the arena during the break.

ubigred likes this.
  20. Dave2000

it's basically the NBA League Pass feed, Ballstreams had the same feed when they existed, along with Hehe Streams (which is free for the next 2 weeks fyi)