1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone remember the show [Dead Like Me]?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenon, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i watched the show a couple of times, but never enough to really get a good idea of it all. But it definitely caught my attention if i ran across it

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Awesome show. It's kind of like a cross between Six Feet Under and The Office. I watched both seasons on DVD and couldn't believe it didn't last longer...great writing, great special effects, great characters...

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I liked this show...I've seen it reruns on HDnet or INHD a while back...Another show I thought was good that I've seen on the same channels was Sons and Daughters...f'n hilarious...

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

excellent show, I miss it, why they cancelled? they had a nice story going.
    I watched every week.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I have it on my netflix queue. maybe I will move it up the list :)

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

great show, I watched every single episode.

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I liked the show most of the time, but no Mandy Patinkin, no sale.

Interesting that they replaced the one blonde lady with the blonde lady who played her sister on Season 2 of "24".

9. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Supposedly they cancelled it because it was too expensive to produce. It was a shame. I thought it was usually excellent.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

One of the early episodes maybe the pilot had Mandy Patinkin throwing down the F bombs that was good WTF viewing.

I thought it lost it's edge pretty quick. I think Wonderfalls was made by the same people afterwards I liked that more.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I loved the show, but this trailer didn't exactly excite me. Was the actress who played George not doing the voice over, it didn't sound like her? It almost sounded like somebody laid down a temporary voice over until she could record it herself.

It definately won't be the same without Mandy and I also miss Laura Harris, I had a huge crush on her in the role of Daisy Adair. I know she's got some other show, so she couldn't be in it, but you'd think they could have tried to plan the movie around the shooting schedules of her and Mandy's show.

The story lines of the mom and the sister really annoyed me, I know they were important, but the mom's voice just made me want to pierce my ear drums. The kid who plays the sister has grown up a lot since the show finished.

Did you guys notice that the new boss is Desmond from Lost?

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

they're looking at bringing back the series if the dvd sells well.