1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone record Friends 10/12?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by davo, Oct 13, 2000.

Tags:
  1. davo

davo Contributing Member

Did anyone record the first new episode of Friends on Thursday 10/12? I am in a spot of trouble with the wife after forgetting to set the VCR as I was walking out the door on the way to the Rockets...

I live in Houston.

------------------
    Maybe all the rulers are wrong.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Tell her to wait for the DVD in a year or two with the seasons episodes [​IMG]. What is she going to do...divorce you over an episode of Friends? Women...

------------------

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

BBS posters.....

[​IMG]

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. outlaw

outlaw Member

i taped it, except for the tag ending of the 2nd episode (you know where the credits are shown on the side)

i'm in west houston.

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

outlaw, you are a champ. I'm in west Houston also. If you could email me your details and I can come and pick it up it would be fantastic.

davo_work@yahoo.com

------------------
    Maybe all the rulers are wrong.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

6. rascal

rascal Guest

Ouch. Touchy subject, I see.

I was just curious as to what you could infer about an entire gender from one man's wife who asked her husband for a favor.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Surf: What is with the "women" or "men" thing? We are different. So what!

This example has to do with personal responsibility, respect and love for that other person. If my wife asks me to do something for her and I forget, I feel as bad as if I forget to do it for a male friend or my family or whomever. It is common courtesy to try to make it up to them.

If you have so many problems with women that you have to call out a whole gender, you need to stop and examine why you are so bitter. Either that or be prepared for women to not do you any favors.

It reminds me of that scene in Stripes when the one guy tells everyone he would kill them if they called him by the name wrong or whatever:

Sgt. Hulka (to the guy): Lighten up, Francis. We're all in this together. One of these men may save your life one of these days. You understand that?

Bill Murray: Then again, maybe one of us won't.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

8. dc sports

dc sports Member

I didn't record it, but I caught most of it. Jennifer Anniston [​IMG] (sorry, I'm bad with names [​IMG] ) accidentally let Ross's monkey go while he was on vacation [​IMG]. Everyone searched for it, while Anniston called animal control [​IMG], not realizing that the monkey was illegal. The friends discovered that all kinds of wierd people lived in thier building (surprise!!!! [​IMG] ). The dim-witted one asked the neighbors if they had seen his little monkey [​IMG], which freaked them out. [​IMG]

The animal control lady turned out to be an old highschool classmate who Anniston [​IMG] terrorized [​IMG], so she wasn't too sympathetic. [​IMG] The lady shot Courtney Cox [​IMG] in the, well, leather pants [​IMG], with a tranquilizer, [​IMG] knocking her out. They found the monkey in a wierd neighbor's apartment, dressed in a tutu. [​IMG] The animal control lady put it in a cage. [​IMG]

I got hungry and went for supper, so I missed the rest, but I assume Ross got his monkey back, because it was in an episode the next day in the hospital.

Is that the right episode? I think there were about five more on Thursday, and I don't watch it enough to tell which ones are new. [​IMG]

------------------
    Stay Cool...

[This message has been edited by dc sports (edited October 13, 2000).]

9. Surfguy

Jeff....you know what your problem is? You are too serious about everything. At least, you come off that way.

It was a joke. Just like it's a joke when everyone says "men..." in the chatroom.

Since I did not fill in the rest, you have no idea what I was inferring so please...lay off.

I'm Sgt. Hulka now [​IMG]

Surf

------------------

[This message has been edited by Surfguy (edited October 13, 2000).]

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I think you've got your story wrong. The VCR broke and you had to take it into the repair shop (work).

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

12. rascal

rascal Guest

Care to complete that thought?

13. Surfguy

Why? So you can rag on me....fill in the rest yourself. People say men.... all the time....go to the Rocket chat sometime and you will see for yourself.

------------------

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

jeff dont even bother arguing with surferboy.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

15. Surfguy

your no poster child bbs poster yourself there, rockets03. i didn't post what i posted to start ****, be psycho-analyzed, or argue with anyone. the only beef i had with you, rockets03, is when you started the name-calling in that other thread which i won't go into. yet, somehow that one was all my doing [​IMG]. the problems in this forum is the tendency for fellow members to take light-hearted forum chatter and construe it as something it isn't as you did and now jeff is doing. no argument there...just the truth. i say words like "cowgirls" and "women..." and draw the line of fire. if you don't like my sarcasm/humor, then don't like it. doesn't mean you have to go off on me every chance you get making more out of it than is actually there....like i'm a "bandwagoner" and "Sgt. Hulka". I don't have any problems with any members of this board; I can't say the same about some of you'll with me.

Surf

------------------

[This message has been edited by Surfguy (edited October 14, 2000).]

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Surf, don't worry about it. It wasn't that big of a deal.

I think I remember you having posts waayy more contreversial than that.

[​IMG]

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of lies:

lies, lies, and heypeeisms.

-DrofDunkingDonuts

17. Surfguy

I'll admit...for some reason, I am good at stirring up(or down) conversation. When the worst is assumed or concluded, that's when I get it. I never attacked anyone who didn't attack me first. It works both ways.

In the end, I may not be liked either way. Or, at least, my forum persona. I fare much better in the Rockets chat. Honest [​IMG]. Nothing but luv for all of ya anyway. From now on, I won't call the Cowboys the Cowg..ls and I won't make light-hearted remarks about the opposite gender. Some how, I don't think that will help much [​IMG].

[​IMG]

Surf

------------------