1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone going to Philly for the convention????

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

I am flying to Philly tomorrow for some training for work. Just realized the freak show also known as the democratic convention is happening there this week. I am sure this will make the travel tomorrow truly suck but seeing the freaks on display may be priceless.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

For a democratic, you're a very bigoted individual by their standards.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

Democrat???? You or me??? You may have me confused with someone else. Although I have in the past voted for a few local democrats, they have gone so bat**** crazy left, I would not be caught dead voting for one now.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does Trump's swing to the left bother you as well? (Pro gay rights and equal work for equal pay, for example)

5. cml750

cml750 Member

Personally, I can't stand Trump. I will vote for him now that he made his SCOTUS list public because I like Hillary even less. He is the lesser of two evils(at least I hope so). I would NEVER vote for Hillary or even Berney for that matter.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why would you go to their convention then? What a waste of time.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

I don't think you read my original post correctly. I am not going to the convention and would NEVER be caught dead there. I am unfortunately going to Philly in the morning for training for my work. I did not realize until today that the convention is there at the same time. This actually sucks because I wanted to do some historical sight seeing but will now skip it because of the extra crowds and security. I will just stay in my hotel when I am not in training.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

So you're going to Philly, but not for the convention.

And you wanted to check in here and maybe converse with some fellow American citizens whether they were going to Philly for the convention?

I'm not going to Philly for the convention.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Well actually yes. There are a few liberals I like. If FranchiseBlade were going, I would not mind having a beer with him. He is 180 from me on virtually everything yet usually rational. We are both Christians which is the tie that binds.

10. Nook

Nook Member

You are employed at a high enough level that they will pay you to fly for travel? I always assumed you were 400 lbs and unemployed or worked some menial job that made your cankles to swell like maintainance at Home Depot or perhaps customer service for Greyhound.

11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Maybe he works for Comcast?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Ohh well he fits in perfectly in their customer service department.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I won't be there, but I will say, don't let the convention keep you from going out and seeing the history, and getting some good food. Philadelphia has both. Unless you are going to the actual convention I wouldn't think the crowd and security would be that much more of a pain.

I'm on the opposite side of the country, but I would guess you could still do a little sight-seeing with only a slight increase in traffic and crowd delay.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

If you are in Philly avoid Geno's and Pat's if you want a cheese steak, because the lines are crap and the sandwiches aren't much better.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Oh, I am very gainfully employed. I have been all over traveling for business. NYC & Normandy, France, just to name a few. I am no where close to 400 lbs. but heavier than I would like to be.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I wouldn't let the Convention keep you from seeing some spots. Philadelphia isn't my favorite town, the citizens eat cigarettes for breakfast but there are some interesting sites.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

No, not Comcast. I work for a specialty chemical division of a major world wide oil company. We make the stuff that makes tape sticky. I am currently the quality manager for our plant.

18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

DuPont?

Just guessing since you're going to Philly, it'd be a major Philly company.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Looks like you're more 3rd party independent. Doesn't put you in my boat because we are 'independent' thinking of one another.

20. Buck Turgidson

Yep, ask at the hotel bar and desk where to get a cheesesteak and Italian food. I would love to hit all of these: http://philly.eater.com/maps/best-philadelphia-restaurants-38