1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone getting in line for Tesla Model 3?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CXbby, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

delivery pushed back to until mid 2018

I've been living in the SF bayarea for a few months now, I work near the tesla plant in fremont, it's huge !!! they're brining 4,000 new jobs to the bayarea soon, some type of big expansion I've been hearing on the local news here. People drive Teslas like Hondas or camrys here in the bayarea you see them every where. They look awesome on the road. The small suv with the doors that raise up is kinda cool but expensive.

It was rumored about some big announcement that was suppose to happen this week, so I guess the date push back is what that was.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Chevy Bolt has 200 mile range and will likely by cheaper than model 3. Kind of Ironic the company that killed the electric car will be the first to produce an affordable one.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Will it still be as ugly as James Harden/Khloe Kardashians love child?

4. playlife

playlife Member

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

"wrongly" headlined is more like it. Tesla sure is sensitive to typical media reports.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Like playlife said, this is wrongly reported. Initial reservations are still slated for "late 2017 delivery", what has changed is the delivery estimate for new reservations(as in ones today). This is likely due to a rise, or expected rise in total reservations. Which leads us to:

Tonight's surprise product announcement

Back in May Elon mentioned he expected bump in reservations after "Part 2" reveal, and that it would shed more light on the Model 3 interior(HUD display?) which was bare bones when first shown.

#566 CXbby, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Where is the 30 minutes of media?

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

So today was actually not about the Model 3. The news is that starting today every Tesla will be shipping with hardware capable of full autonomous driving(future proofing your car). The features will be enabled over time through over the air updates as software catches up. This is not to be confused with current Teslas with Autopilot, which is a driver assist feature and not autonomous driving.

There will be a separate event for Model 3 interior unveiling,

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

<iframe src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Absolutely amazing. I didn't even consider there being a feature of having the car drop you off and park itself.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sick video, especially when you consider AP has only been activated for about a year. Hard to believe the driver never touched the wheel one time. I can only imagine where things will be in 2 years.

In reaction to this, I expect competitors to announce similar concepts that are several years away. The mindshare race, you know.

So now we wait for M3, part 3 sometime in 2017.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The future is here.

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

That video is sick, I wonder how does it know that is an empty parking spot much less a parking lot, I suppose based on current GPS and sensors? Very Impressive

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That's about a billion times better than what was released in this current auto drive version. I'd be curious to see how it does on less than perfect driving conditions. I'm guessing it is still a long way from being able to handle those conditions.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Video is sped up. One problem with urban is people are ridiculously stupid (a reason for autonomous) and will speed through parking lots and slow areas. They won't want the ultra safe car to navigate though. Notice the video was sped up and the car came to complete stops. That isn't how most idiots drive.

Not even close. But the sooner we get horrible drivers out of control of their own car the better.

Running late for work have it go get gas before it parks.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I swear I saw a Tesla 3 in The Woodlands the other day. It had the Tesla logo and was smaller than the standard. I should've taken a pic...but then I'd be considered someone that would need a self-driving car.

19. Cranberry_Juice

Is the owner liable if the car hits someone or something while parking or Tesla?

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did you
    Did you see the front? If so, please describe.