1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone find it funny...that...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 20, 2000.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All this talk about Jordan and David Falk, and the conflict of interest..etc..etc.. and not one Rocket is listed as a Falk client.
    http://espn.go.com/columns/ratto_ray/300796.html

Othella and Cassel are the only 2 ex Rockets on his list. I wonder if this is on purpose or just a coincidence?

DaDakota

"The Truth is out there"

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Anyone know if O was a Falk client when he signed his last Rockets deal, or the one-year deal before that? Hard to believe Falk would have tolerated such selflessness.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Will, I posed that <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000527.html">same question</a> in the NBA Dish forum -- my sentiments exactly. No way was he a Falk client then because he wouldn't have signed a 7-year deal for so low because he "likes Houston" ... this has got to be a new thing.

4. outlaw

outlaw Member

Houston Chronicle 10/1/1996:
    The agent for Harrington, the 30th pick in the 1996 NBA draft, said the Georgetown product will sign a one-year contract for the minimum salary rookies can earn, $220,000. It is believed the entire contract will be guaranteed.

"The Rockets are going to sign several players, as I understand it, and one of them will be Othella," said Harrington's agent, David Bauman, an associate of David Falk's at Falk Associates Management Enterprises. "The Rockets have been very classy to deal with on this deal, and Othella is thrilled that camp is finally starting."

7/24/1997
    Harrington, who averaged 4.8 points and 3.5 rebounds in 57 regular-season games, signed a one-year deal worth approximately $327,000, which was the most the Rockets could offer him under the terms of the collective-bargaining agreement.

Harrington, who was being courted by Philadelphia, among other teams,
    said loyalty was the main reason he decided to turn down more lucrative offers and remain with the Rockets.

"I'm happy to get this over with," said the 6-9 Harrington. "I said all along that this (contract negotiation) wasn't going to be a long, drawn-out thing. There was a sense of loyalty here. There were other teams involved, but I love it here. I love the fans, and I love playing for (coach) Rudy (Tomjanovich). I just wanted to stay here."

1/24/1999
    According to sources, Matt Maloney received a seven-year contract beginning at $1.85 million per season. Othella Harrington signed a seven-year contract beginning at $1.8 million. Matt Bullard signed for three years starting at $1.2 million.

...I would love to get Othella back, even if it means giving up our #1 pick. He and Kenny would make a nice combo at the 4 spot while Carlos slides over to the 3 with Walt backing him up.

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

Although I would love to have Othella back, there is no way that Carlos Rogers would be able to play the 3. To able to play that position, he would have to have a lot better ball handling skills than he does.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Outlaw, what #1 pick are you referring to?

------------------
    The key for the Rockets is a winning attitude and mentality which can only be had by winning basketball games. :cool:

7. outlaw

outlaw Member

sorry, i meant first round pick