1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else pleased with the progress being made?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 10, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it’s ESPN swallowers day.

Rox are getting closer to playing some really good basketball. Tonight was a statistical aberration. The defense is getting there, and we just traded Melo for Jeffy B, and found Gary Clark in a goldmine.

heypartner, hakeem94, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

A vintage Morey pickup, 6'8" power forward.

hakeem94 and fryjol7 like this.
  3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

You think we are getting there because we almost beat a team coached by pop? Well you know the other side is probably saying we beat up a team with an mvp and a hall fame point guard right ?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ll admit, I’m becoming a little jaded...I had always been very optimistic until I saw what went down this summer...we were so close to finally winning a title, and then to see us take a step back with limited ways for us to get better is just really disappointing

this season was championship or bust for me, and there’s no way in hell I see this squad winning a title so it’s a lost season for me...the defense has definitely been getting better, but at the end of the day, I’m just not feeling this team...something is off

I was hoping we could acquire Jimmy Butler since I saw him as probably being our best shot at acquiring a 3rd star, but we struck out...he was my main hope of salvaging this season

Deuce, fryjol7, mario_v and 1 other person like this.
  5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Rebounding is still trash. Do they know what boxing out means?

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We're getting somewhere. Too slowly for my liking, and I'm most definitely annoyed by the spurs loss, but something is happening.

The first heartbeat was against Indiana, but the team hasn't truly started to awaken yet.

The shots need to start falling, but as a fan I know that being pissed-off and letting bad games ruin my day won't be the thing that jumpstarts the team. Only the players (and the coaches, to an extent) can help do that.

I like this thread. There needs to be a counterbalance of yin and yang to all things.

hakeem94, fryjol7 and BigMaloe like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’m not pleased yet at all.

This isn’t even a watchable team. When this team plays bad they are what everyone else hates about them.

BORING. And also bad.

J.R. and Little Bit like this.
  8. mario_v

mario_v Member

I got so much **** for complaining about the iso garbage last season. Those step back contested shots is just bad offense.

Those are the kind of shots you want your opponents to take. I’m surprised it worked as well as it did last season but it was never sustainable. They should just get rid of that iso/hero ball garbage.

Would Steve Kerr, budenholzer, Stevens, or poppavich run such a horrible, stagnant, gimmicky iso ball offense? Hell no, that’s garbage.

fryjol7 and napalm06 like this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Last year I said our biggest weakness was that we were just an average team at making three pointers. We were good at taking three pointers, but not great at making three pointers. Sadly, we appear to have only gotten worse.

It's still early, but I just don't think we have the shooters to hang with the best teams.

hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree 100%. What we achieved last season was in spite of the style we used to achieve it.

mario_v likes this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You don't win the championship in November reeko. The team has shown signs of turning it around slowly but surely.

We also have this melo situation unfolding. It could very well be his presence in the locker room that has got everyone off.

Releasing him could change our focus/chemistry and get us back to having fun on the court.

We still have plenty of avenues to improve the roster and get better going forward. As well as improvement from our best 4 offensive players and we can get back to being a top team in no time.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed
    The reality is we simply missing open shots
    We have to get the shooting touch back

Rocket River

13. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Morey and MDA have transformed the Rockets into a team that is almost impossible to watch. Is incredible.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The regular season wore us out last year. We will coast to the 3 seed after a December trade. Healthy af

Hmc415, hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't tell yet who is responsible for that transformation... Morey, MDA, Melo, Harden, Paul, Gordon...

But it is like a gut punch, over and over.

Morey and MDA can't make open shots fall, though. There are always times in these games this season where I think "man, instead of being down 5 we'd be up 15 if we just shot 5% better from the field..."
    LOL. I love it.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

we get a close loss to the Spurs, but this is after a blowout loss to OKC without Westbrook...I want to believe, but we’ve had so many bad losses already...at no point before the season started did I ever think we’d be 4-7, but here we are

this team is borderline unwatchable at the moment...I don’t even want to go to another game right now because I can’t be sure of if they’ll show up or I’ll be paying money to watch a brickfest and another L like I did with the Blazers game

our next 3 games are against the Pacers, Nuggets, and Warriors...I’m hoping we can at least go 2-1, and then the schedule eases up tremendously from there and hopefully we’re able to take off

HP3 likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I agree with not going rn. And I agree it's been tough to watch.

I hope to go 2 and 1 also but idk if that's possible. Denver is goooooood.

I'm looking at everything on a macro level. I just wanna see constant improvement like I have from the defense.

On the broadcast bull said on this road trip we were the 6th ranked defense. That's great improvement and catching up to l a st years top 10 ranking.

Last year we were the best offense and are currently 26th. I have faith it will start to come around and I'm really starting to believe maybe melo had an effect on the locker room and offense.

If he wasn't fully buying in or was wanting and asking for his shots then it could have chemistry off.

The thunder game was the worst and I question if that wasn't melo and his ego wanting to prove his value and it manifesting into bad vibes all around if coach disagreed.

Without melo tonight we looked waaay better.

Maybe it's a simple fix or a simple action that we will do whateve to fix this.

Reeko and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Has Melo being cut made you more positive???? I didnt even know you were capable of this

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Good lord, you got crap cause its dumb, we had the number one offense last year HISTORICALLY. Harden can still hit those step back Js, he has a 60% TS, good goood. Even now, by the numbers the ISOs are still good in terms PPP. You make your teams by your personnel.

I cannot even....LOL. How ignorant can a person be.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

No man it wasnt, even now the numbers say otherwise. Its the shooting. IT IS THE SHOOTING. No one can hit a shot.

Hmc415 likes this.