1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else get hardcore nostalgic about past Rockets teams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 16, 2012.

1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Obviously anyone over 30 will never ever forget the Dream era and the two rings, but I was too young then to really care all that much so watching highlights of Hakeem styling all over everyone feels more like looking at a history reel than something I experienced.

The early-mid 2000s Rockets from Steve Francis to Yao+Tmac to now are the ones I get nostalgic over. I sometimes get chills watching stuff like this (lame I know):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb9CWnqaASQ

Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM

The 2000s were years of constant disappointment and massive potential that went unfulfilled due to injury, but the few moments that existed were awesome. The Tmac trade seemed so crazy at the time. Five more years of prime Tmac and he would have contended for legend status. We got 1, give or take. For a while there it looked like we were near guaranteed a ring between our gargantuan athletic Chinese center and one of the most individually talented players in the history of the game. Then we got hit with constant injuries.

Pointless topic I guess, but it's something different than the million DH/Lin topics at least.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Heck ya... The good old days...

3. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Eh, it's much easier pining for days that never-were rather than living it. That's how sad the rockets have gotten.

4. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I cry whenever i watch Hakeem: The Dream documentary

5. dram1

dram1 Member

Nothing beats the Robert Reid early Dream days on 20-Vision. Bill Worrell was a young pup back then.

6. ejarts

ejarts Member

NO. stop living in the past. carpe diem, dude. the past can't do anything for you but to take the now for granted. it's just a feel good trap.

7. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

That 1st video I give props to. The 2nd can suck donkey cashews! He disappeared as a rocket after that game. And showed up later for one play where yammed on Shawn Bradley. THE END! That 2nd video was on potential/greatness that could of been built of a legacy for McGrady in Houston.

I hate Tracey McGrady.

8. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PwCWuzEhiZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I cry anytime I see nba films covering the championship era. Never underestimate the heart of a champion

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I got teary eyed when Hakeem was introduced at the all 90's team thing they did recently.

11. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stop going on topics you don't care about it.

13. msn

msn Member

Yes. The mid-90s were epic, but I go all nostalgic for pretty much everything between 1980 and 1996, before that ridiculous Fat Barkley trade.

14. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

How about "I can take any four guys off the street and beat Boston" or something similar from the great Moses. Just don't see guys like that now-a-days.

15. msn

msn Member

this.

16. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Apparently the new breed of fan, especially on this board LOVES accounting; the more moves, numbers, contracts, CBA rules, statistical nuances the better. I just like basketball and I like it to be fun to watch and I prefer to win. It is also nice to have players with names that are not taped to their jerseys, so I can follow them their whole career. So I can be their fan. I like to watch "teams," players who know each other, like each other, and like the organizations they play for. Seems like a dream from far, far away, and I can't decide if it is the distant past or the distant future.

1 person likes this.
  18. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

...that post was solid

19. Machado

Machado Member

No. I think it's just you.

20. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Me too! We had some baller ass seats too, bout 6 rows from da floor