1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone been to Dominica?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anyone been to Dominica? The island in the Caribbean, not the Dominican Republic.

My wife and I have a week off for our anniversary in October, and we're trying to figure out what to do. Dominica seems different than the average All-Inclusive, but I don't know if it's too different (for my wife). I kind of want to go after looking it up.

If you've been, how did you enjoy it? What'd you do while you were there? Would you go back?

I found a good deal, and I kind of want to go. Just curious.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Something something Zika something.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Not that bad overall.

It obviously has poverty and LOTS of petty theft and being overcharged for stuff.

I was over charged for items years ago, but wasn't ever confronted or made to feel uncomfortable.

Use common sense, do some research, avoid isolated places common for tourists and don't leave valuables in your hotel room unattended.

Should be a lot of fun.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've been to Dominican Republic. Hope that helps.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I stay on an adjacent island during the winter months. I've been to Dominica twice. It is a very scenic island good for outdoor activities. Not as much to do (food, nightlife) compared to the other islands, but a decent low key place. I don't know much about the hotels since I've only made day trips there via boat. Like all of the islands, crime has jumped in the past decade, but most tourists have no issue. I assume you'll be flying into PR and then via LIAT Airlines to Dominica. LIAT isn't the most reliable airline, so be aware of that if you are trying to make it back to the mainland on a set deadline. That being said, it is definitely a visit as most of the EC islands are ignored by American tourists, so you'll have a very unique trip.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I've always wanted to go to Dominaria.

7. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Banged a Dominicana chick one time....it was swell.