1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody Watching Good Girls?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Apr 18, 2018.

1. what

what Member

I know I'm asking this on a board where this kind of show is not going to go over well, an all female lead, but I think it's a very interesting premise and I haven't seen a series like this before.
    Anyway I'm enjoying it.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I started it. It was okay, but not worth adding to my already too long list of things to watch. The wife likes it more than I do so I sometimes watch it when she has it on the television.

3. what

what Member

I think the best of this show was yet to come, honestly. The relationship of that gang leader (Rio) and Christina Hendricks (Beth).

I hope they just don't turn it into a love infauation thing. I'd like to see Christina Hendricks actually become a higher Crime Boss.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What is that supposed to mean? I'm offended. You're projecting your insecurities on to the board, @what. A lot of avid TV watchers on the board, you don't have to feel ashamed because you enjoy something out of the norm. There is a thread about "My Crazy Ex Girlfriend", a show about a woman who sings about her unrequited love for the man she is stalking for goodness sake.

Any who, I caught one episode a while back, It was much better than I thought it was going to be. I don't know why I thought it was supposed to be funnier, much darker than I anticipated. I haven't caught any other episodes though.

I really like the actor who plays Rio; he was on "Graceland" one of my favorite shows that got canceled.

CometsWin likes this.
  5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Never heard of it, but since OP recommends it, I'll give it a pass.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Errr... no.

Graceland got cancelled? Summabitch!

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nahhh. Too busy touching bad girls.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've seen some clips here and there.

Story and acting could be a lot better from whatever I could tell, but I give 5 stars out of 5 on the action and camera angles.

PG-13 forum?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have watched a couple of minutes, will get back to it.

Lots of shows to keep an eye on this spring/summer.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watch it with the wife, it's a passable show. Helps that Hendricks is the lead but it feels like a kids version of breaking bad....

11. what

what Member

I'd compare it more to weeds, but again this is a network show, so it could never be breakin bad even if it wanted to.
    Network TV is always going to be more sanitized

GRENDEL likes this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I watch it with my wife for a couple of reasons.* It has it's moments. Does seem like a watered down version of Breaking Bad, although they called someone a "dick" in the last episode (didn't know that was allowed on network TV?) I'm interested to see where they're going to go with this lady that they are having to pay off every month. Will she be killed or end up joining the crime ring?

* 1. Christina Hendricks's left breast 2. Christina Hendricks's right breast

#12 ima_drummer2k, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  13. likestohypeguy

I do enjoy the girl in it from arrested development & parenthood very much, and can tolerate the black lady from parks & rec and the red head from mad men, but this show is absolutely horrible.