1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody here cancel or don't have cable?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ILoveWhiteGirls, Nov 7, 2013.

1. ILoveWhiteGirls

Just cancel my Uverse TV, boy they were desperately trying to keep me as a customer. They asked why the cancellation and I was like, Dude, you don't have Rockets and I have a netflix subscription. But I still have their internet and phone service, just in case the Rockets do decide to come back on Uverse. Is DirectTV ATT company too?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Is directv att too?

What are you asking?

I generally cancel my cable after every football season.

Having Sunday ticket on my PC and Google Chromecast I should have canceled it already. We don't watch it any ways.

I'll still have access to

Veetle
    Netflix
    Hbogo
    Cinemaxgo
    Showtime anytime
    TBS streams
    Sunday ticket

3. supdudes

supdudes Member

TV is bull****.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Out of curiosity, how do you have access to HBOgo etc. after you cancel your cable?

5. TL

TL Contributing Member

You can get HBOGo without an HBO cable subscription? What am I doing wrong - it asks me to login with my Uverse subscription to watch it?

6. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Free cable where I leave. Yeaah!!

7. ILoveWhiteGirls

Guys make sure if you are a uverse customer and have subscribed to NBA League Pass in the past, they renew your subscription without telling you, lol... I had to find out the hard way when I cancel my Uverse TV, returning the equipment to a local UPS store and then couple days later logged into my acct and they charge my acct with League pass, lol

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ The DO tell you. You fail to read the warnings and small print, and then fail to cancel it. Don't act like it's a new thing. :p
    If you're leaving, why does "Free cable" matter? Is it for the place you've left? Well, they would cheer for that. :eek: You're a good man.

#8 SwoLy-D, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have cable for internet but not TV. Since I work a lot at home having cable TV would be too much of a distraction.

That is what Clutchfans is for.

10. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I don't think that DirecTV is an ATT company but ATT does sell DirecTV services. Not sure how the 2 are related.

Edit:
    Found this: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=3620013

11. ILoveWhiteGirls

Actually I did cancel it way before they renew my league pass subscription without telling me.;)

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm really loving Comcast's new internet live streaming channels.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I have that.

This happens because when they find out they aren't present at the place where someone moves, they offer DiwreckedTV at a lower cost than if you buy it directly from DTV.

I always had AT&T U-verse back in Katy, and all AT&T services, including Wireless, separately... ever since AT&T Wireless and Cingular. And then, when we moved, we found out there's no U-Verse signal in the 'hood we're going to, so we get a nice bundle with U-verse DSL (which sucks a huge donkey schlong) and DiwreckedTV. :eek:

14. droopy421

droopy421 Member

:eek: live*

Get the Rockets games too. :grin:

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Make it a tradition to threaten to cancel each year, regardless of the provider. You will get some kind of perk. With Xfinity, it's the new box. It's more cost efficient to retain an existing customer than win a new one.

16. likestohypeguy

Not since the $30 time warner, pre-comcast days, when it was no box required, instant channel changing, & the basic channels weren't spread across packages so that you had to pay too much to get all of even the nonpremium channels.

I do miss it though. Over-the-air, & streaming subscriptions have their advantages, but just isn't the same.

17. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I called to "pretend cancel" and asked what my termination fee would be. They never even told me. They threw in HBO/Starz ect for free for the rest of my contract, removed my HD fee, and a 20% off coupon for the next 3 months.

It works to just call your cable company and tell them you want to cancel because you found a cheaper alternative.

They still would never tell me the cancellation fee lol

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What is this?

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Have not had tv for quite a while, just never watched it. And if I do need to catch up on something, there is always netflix or hulu.

20. ILoveWhiteGirls

If I had to choose though, ATT customer service will do anything. Comcast on the other hand, almost got into a I'll meet you at someplace to fight kind of deal, just awful service.