1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any update on Vasilis Spanoulis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, Dec 24, 2004.

1. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Does anyone have any information on how he is doing this year. Since his nba comparison is Steve Nash, yeah right.

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

3. mbiker

mbiker Member

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

One is more recent than the other (Second one is more recent)

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

His stats look good but Boki's also did.

6. mbiker

mbiker Member

From the stats it looks like he is a poor man’s Greek Steve Francis. His assist/turnover ratio is not very good. Even the shooting guard on their team has more assists then him. Looks like another PG that wants to be an SG.

7. Charvo

Charvo Member

The guy leads his team in free throw attempts. That shows he is adept at dribble penetration.

8. Charvo

Charvo Member

One thing for sure is that the Rockets should not let JVG coach this guy. I've never seen a coach that is worse for young talent than JVG.

9. blabla

blabla Contributing Member

Do we still have some PF in German?

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I do not really recall Boki Euro stats. Do you have them handy? I thought we drafted him more on his "potential" and because folks like D'antoni talked him and Skitsa up.

11. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I guess he could be good for us in the future.

12. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

13. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Yeah he could be a decent backup PG. But the problem with that is we already have 3 on our current team. We need to draft/trade for/sign a starting caliber PG (although solving the problem at PF in my opinion is more important).

14. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

Spanoulis is playing pretty well this season in Greece, but he isn't ready for the NBA yet. He is a playmaker, not a pure shooter, right now and is working on bringing himself under control. I have seen him play live a few times and I would pretty much disagree with the Steve Nash comparison. He is not a good enough shooter right now to be like a Steve Nash, not that he can't shoot at all though. I would compare him more to Tony Parker, who can have some amazing games when his shot is on, and then some rather poor ones when the shots arent falling. What has helped him, and continues to help him, is that he has a very good coach over in Greece that is definitely helping Spanoulis develop his game.

I will be going back to Greece in a few weeks on business and hope to catch a game to see how his progress is coming along. If I do, I will defintely report back on what I see.

15. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Charvo has the most salient point. I can't score on big guys in league play much either, but I can get them out of the way by drawing fouls and going to the lane...

16. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

The differnece between these 2 stats are that the first one is taken from the Euroleague, where it's the top Europeans clubs playing against each other, the second are the stats from the Greek league where only greek teams are concerned.
    If you win or come in second in the Greek league you get to play the Euroleague.
    I'd pay more attention to the the Euroleague stats as there is more competition and player want to shine.

ALA