1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anti-racist activist/philanthropist kills based on skin color

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Mar 16, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/10/police-recording-california-killings-defendant-cites-racism/

“It starts taking its toll on you and you get fed up with the racism,” he said. “You get tired of letting things slide.”

While on the run after the shooting, Muhammad stopped at a coffee shop to use WiFi and learned via a news app that he was wanted for Williams’ killing.

On the recording, he said that if he was “going down for murder” the best thing was to “kill as many white men” as he could.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, by some definitions, he cant be racist.

Space Ghost and dachuda86 like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

mmHmmm. The ole power plus privilege definition remix that was created to win arguments... oft used to excuse countless acts of racism or just in general bail idiots out of the illogical holes they dig... got that but I assume the guy getting shot didn't feel very powerful or privileged so I have to assume it counts.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Instead of anecdotal stories because you can find cases for every opinion held by mankind, can you provide statistical evidence of which groups are most effected by racist rhetoric and policies?

AleksandarN likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's simply not true, anyone can be a racist.

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Yup. Again, people like @dachuda86 are brainwashed by YouTube channels that constantly strawman arguments.

An individual white person in the United States can definitely personally experience racism. But the white community in the United States overall has experienced a net benefit on the fruits of racism through accumulating wealth, property and education for multiple centuries while making it difficult for groups such as African Americans to obtain things such as property and education through systemic racist policies such as redlining and segregation. That's the point that @dachuda86's ideological enemies keep on saying but he keeps on hearing a strawman version of that argument.

#6 fchowd0311, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those who argue that believe racism is a systemic issue on a mass scale.

Clearly this person is racist against whites. It's all semantics at the end of the day. I am not sure what the discussion is here. This person clearly committed a despicable hate crime

But what @dachuda86 is doing here is different. He is trying to use this example to defeat the cause against systemic racist by saying it's not real. It is real. Black people are discriminated against when it come to everything from schools, clubs, daycare, jobs, and the criminal justice system. The evidence is clear. But many white supremacist groups like you to think it is not.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Interesting how focused you are on how some people have inherited advantages... how does that matter?

9. fchowd0311

If you want a good faith discussion, ask yourself why you think it matters or at least predict what you think my answer will be. Let's try to use that matter between your ears.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

By all means fight systemic racism man. I don't think there is much you'll be able to change since you're swinging at windmills. Targeting racist policies or racist people, and pointing them out, doesn't actually mean the system is racist. In fact, evidence shows the contrary that the system is not racist and has been working toward undoing racist policies and giving fair and equal representation under the law to all who live under the U.S. system of governance. I think the system itself is pretty dope actually and people claiming it is a problem... are blaming the wrong thing. The system is quite good and was well thought out by true liberal minded individuals and it's evolved in, overall, a direction that is not racist.

11. fchowd0311

The "system" has created a power dynamic that took 400 years to brew where power, wealth, ownership of property etc was accumulated by one group and supressed for another group intentionally. To pretend those 400 years of wealth and education concentration while suppressing other groups has no effect on the current status quo is absurd.

It's equivalent to doing a 100 meter sprint where your opponent for the first 70 meters has to run over hurdles while you don't and for the last 30 meters they don't run over hurdles while you never in that 100 meter sprint had to run over any hurdles and then proceed to call the race fair.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think it does matter. That's why I commented that it's interesting you do. I have ancestors who were thrown out of Europe so should I complain to those countries? Or should I complain to Americans like yourself about my Native American ancestors and the resulting mixed ancestors who had hardship? That effects me actually. Should I complain to you, since your are American? I just don't care that much man. We are all oppressed in some way. Blacks aren't exclusive in this argument. This is just more of the oppression Olympics as it's called... so many groups all competing to complain about the inequality... yeah it sucks. But it's a game I don't want to play.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It does effect things. But the system in America, which is the system people call racist, is not. It's been moving away from it and to ignore the triumphs we've had is insulting to our past Americans who have fought against racism and injustices, and sought to make America a home for everyone to enjoy with equal representation and equal opportunity. Is it perfect? No place is. But it's trending toward it, and that's the sign of a system that is anything but racist.

14. fchowd0311

I don't know about your family background but if your ancestors because of their race or ethnicity for 400 years experienced systemic oppression in a closed system (within the borders of one nation-state) I bet my left nut that said race or ethnicity would experience worse statistical metrics in terms of wealth, education and crime rates than other ethnicities and races within that same closed system.

When I refer to "closed system" I'm referring to within the borders of a nation-state.

15. fchowd0311

Also, you are assuming that 400 years of racial sentiments that repeatedly stated over and over that black people were ugly, couldn't do proffesional high skilled jobs, were genetically predisposed to being more dumb and violent etc just magically vanished because of some legislation in the 60s is also woefully naive. Those sentiments get passed down by parents and can be subconsciously held when making decisions on such things like who's qualified for a mortgage or whether a person deserves a harsher sentence or whether a person should be shot on sight because you fear for your life even though you found out they are unarmed.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is an exception to every rule. We can create the perfect legal system and there will always be a case of everything; unfair justice, corruption, racial tendencies, blah blah blah. The reality is our justice system works pretty well, but not flawless. We are human. We are not perfect. And we can always improve.

That said, the evidence that the justice system favors the wealthy over the poor has come to the point we dont even bother questioning it. Its much easier to be a victim of something you can't control than something you can control.

Smollett is a perfect example. If this idiot was poor, he would probably be sitting in jail. Instead, he leveraged his wealth and fame against his race and sexuality and walked away a free man (for now). This is the epitome of corruption.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That legislation was no flash in the pan and is just one of many changes in a positive direction which indicate the system is not racist. People are and the policies they make are sometimes, and those have been reformed by non-racist people and that system people hate on. A system that mind you inherited the racist problems of the past and has continued on an overall path of improvement.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I agree with most of this if not all... well said. Yes no system is perfect. I will argue that the system itself though, although flawed, is not racist and it is moving us away from our inherited problems of racial injustice and disparity.

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Is it me the or is there more hate from the Bay area up through Oregon and the Pacific Northwest than there seems to be in the historic Southeast? Weird..

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What this thread is really about...

@dachuda86 was sitting there and was apparently worried that not enough people on this website thought that he had an overabundance of ignorance when it comes to race relations.

He set about effectively remedying that situation.

Mission accomplished, dachuda86.

jiggyfly likes this.