1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Randolph forced D'Antoni into Drexler Mode

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2010/10/anthony-randolphs-got-big-pote.html

I watch the preseason game after playing NBA2K11, Randolph has skills, not just atheleticism like Stromile Swift but he does everything that lowers your grade in My Player mode.

Not sure if it's something he can grow out of or if he's just dumb.

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Some players are just plain dumb. Swift and a bunch of guys that were signed in the early 2000s just for potential. I think GMs arent getting any smarter, thats why they're going to do a lockout to keep gms and ownder under control.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If it wasn't for that dam BB IQ, the kid would be a STAR by now.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the weird thing is that you would think he would have had some sort of bb iq since his mom played in the wnba

5. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

He's not what Tommy Heinsohn would deem a "Basketball Brain!"...

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

7. arubato

arubato Member

I thought it's only Javale Mcgee who has a mom playing in WNBA? But I'm not sure :confused:

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Still only 21-22 yrs old. He's just getting that Golden St. out of him.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also, at his age he still has more upside than most of the players from the past 2 draft lotteries. He just needs a good enough coach and team. This kid is going to be a beast soon. Still hoping we can swing a deal for him.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the sake of my fantasy team, I hope you are right... :)

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

whatever he is going to suck. just like the rest of the knicks this year.

do you know why? because they owe the rockets a pick. and this year Everything goes right for the rockets.

do you know why? because the rockets are freakin due some good luck.

do you know why? because the rockets have been snake bit ever since about the time they tradeed for barkley.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wait, why?

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Kinda like how Steve Novak's dad is a bball coach. You consider that automatic high bball IQ, yet at times he looks so bewildered on the court (on defense).

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

His gifts are his curse, he is called a ball handling big man that can shoot and jump out of the building and he tries too hard to do them all. Acting like a pg and bringing up the ball, acting like Dirk and jacking up a three that misses by a mile, getting the ball at the 3 pt line and trying to dribble penetrate for a dunk.

D'antoni and Walsh were raving about the kid a few weeks ago, I see D'ants has come back to reality.

15. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I don't blame GMs for taking big risks. You have to have big players in the NBA...a team of solid role players doesn't get it done. No points for being a good team, you gotta be great.

16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I can't really blame GMs for taking risks either, but it's an interesting point about them taking so many risks in the drafts in the 2000-2003 year range.

During that era, it seemed that the first round was just completely littered with picks that were blind stabs at guys with crazy athleticism and no real basketball IQ or polish.

Now, the draft has swung back the other way a little bit. Picks in the first round are often taken with the goal of finding a solid, if unspectacular player that can contribute immediately with limited downside.