1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another "Who am I?"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Steve_Francis_rules, Dec 29, 2000.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

I tried to make some of these really difficult. Let's see how everyone does. I'll be really impressed if someone can get at least 8.

Who am I?

1. I was born in Gary, Indiana in 1973. I stayed close to home to attend a Big Ten school in college and I lead the nation in scoring as a senior. I was a high draft pick and became famous for my large contract. However, my team did not reach the playoffs until my 6th season.
    2. I was a solid player at an ACC school for four years, increasing my scoring average each of my first three seasons in college. I was born in South Carolina. My selection in the NBA draft did not make waves because of a highly touted college teammate of mine and another college teammate picked one place before me. I scored a career high of ten points against the Celtics last April.
    3. I was one of the top high school players in Illinois my senior year. My highlight of that season came when I was given the opportunity to play MJ one-on-one. I moved on to a Big Ten school where I hurt my draft status by shooting under 38% as a senior. I am now playing for my second pro team. I was an All-Star for the first time in my fifth season.
    4. I was born in Jackson in 1974 and stayed in my home state to play college ball. I was selected in the lottery after my junior season by an Eastern Conference perennial contender. I did not receive significant playing time until the next season with a west coast team. I scored a career high 23 points in April of that season and finished the year averaging 11.8 ppg and 8.7 rpg. Injuries were a problem in the 99-00 season, limiting me to fewer than 30 games.
    5. I was born in New York in 1979 and attended college close to home. I led my Big East school to the elite eight as a sophomore and entered the NBA draft. I was picked up in the mid-First round by a central division team and have averaged a dozen points a game through my first 100 career games.
    6. I was selected after my junior season by a Central division team but decided to return to school for my senior season. I was waived by the team that drafted me and averaged 30 ppg in the CBA before being called up to start for an Eastern conference contender. I was traded to a Midwest division team prior to this season and had this stat line in a victory over the Rockets earlier this month: 19 points, 3-4 3’s, 6 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals.
    7. I was not drafted by a NBA team after my senior season at an Ohio college. I have played in Italy and Greece. Prior to this season I had never averaged more than 6.2 ppg with five different teams. Now with my sixth team, I am averaging 11 points and 8 rebounds per game for a struggling eastern conference team.
    8. I was born in Panama and attended high school in Brooklyn. I moved on to a college in the state of Kansas where I was an All-American as a senior. I was a top ten pick by a Midwest division team and played my first 11 seasons for that team, scoring over 16,000 points for them. I rejoined the club this offseason as an assistant coach.
    9. I grew up in New York but moved out to Arizona and Texas for college. In my third NBA season I became the first player ever to lead the league in scoring and assists in the same season. I played for a total of five teams in my career and retired as a former NBA champion with career averages higher than 17 points and 7 assists per game.
    10. I was born in North Carolina and became a Tar Heel in 1973. A relative of mine later followed in my footsteps attending the same college. I played most of my career for the same Pacific division team and averaged over 20 ppg six times. I retired in the early 90’s with more than 19,000 points with a field goal percentage over 50% and a free throw percentage over 85%.

Good luck!

------------------

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

1. Glenn Robinson

------------------

3. countingcrow

3. Michael Finley

------------------

4. Steve_Francis_rules

Big Dawg, Glenn Robinson is correct for number one.

------------------

5. Steve_Francis_rules

Michael Finley is also correct.

------------------

6. countingcrow

6. Voshon Lenard?

------------------

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Good answer, that was one of the harder ones.

------------------

8. countingcrow

7. Aaron Williams

------------------

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Glen Robinson
    4. Erick Dampier
    5. Ron Artest
    6. Voshon Lenard
    7. Aaron Williams

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

10. countingcrow

I could only get 4 out of 10 off the top of my head without doing any research. Those were pretty damn tough.

I hope more people get involved and post some of these brain-teasers. They are fun and challenging.

------------------

11. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Well, I got 8, but I think I sprained some ligaments in my brain getting there!! [​IMG]

1. Glenn Robinson
    2. (wrong guess - Trajan Langdon)
    3. Michael Finley
    4. Erick Dampier
    5. Ron Artest
    6. (wrong guess - John Starks)
    7. Aaron Williams
    8. Rolando Blackman
    9. Nate Archibald
    10 Walter Davis

------------------

[This message has been edited by Swopa (edited December 29, 2000).]

12. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm glad that some of these were pretty tough. Good work Swopa.
    But #2 still hasn't been answered.

------------------

13. Swopa

I just did some research to figure out the answer . . . damn, that's nasty! [​IMG]

Here's a clue for everyone: You might add that another reason his draft selection didn't make waves is that he was picked in the 2nd round.

------------------

14. Swopa

And another clue: You could stump most NBA fans simply by saying his name, followed by "Who am I?" [​IMG]

------------------

15. Steve_Francis_rules

I was hoping #2 would be pretty tough. I don't think I could have gotten it even though I was a fan of his when he was in college.

------------------

16. Swopa

I'm not even sure his mom would get it right.

------------------

17. Steve_Francis_rules

[​IMG]

------------------

18. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SFR-You'd be very profitable as a trivia guru. [​IMG]

(Alright, at least I tried.)

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

19. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

#2 - Laron Profit

------------------

20. Steve_Francis_rules

Right Puedlfor. Did you have to look that up or did you get it by yourself??
    Thanks NIKEstrad

------------------