1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another reason for Astros fans to hate the Cubs

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Because they are assholes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbn_cubs_astros_postponements_5

1) b****ing because the Astros wouldn't move it to Milwaukee (an hour drive from Chicago)

2) b****ing because the Astros didn't want to play in St. Louis.

3) b****ing because the Astros actually want to play the games In Houston they were originally scheduled. In front of Houston crowds and taking in the revenue they should receive from the game.

4) Showing no concern for the fact that the players are having to evacuate their families amid trying to figure out what they are going to do about the game.

Totally Classless.

also I will start an "unofficial"thread for these games once it is decided where to pay them

#1 Castor27, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What a dick.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Jason Marquis - "Why don't we play at a neutral site?" he said. "It's ridiculous."

If he pitches here Sunday or Monday, he should be booed w/o mercy.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Screw the cubs and screw their fans.

GO ASTROS!

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Granted, I hate the Cubs, but Astros' fans would be saying the same things if the situation was reveresed.

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

hahaha the Cubs are pulling a Cubs and they are reaching for every advantage they can get. LOL

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

really? I wouldn't think so. I think we've gone through enough to understand if it was others on the other side.

8. superden

superden Contributing Member

I don't really think we would... at least I know I wouldn't. What they are suggesting is pretty classless imo.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not at all. And I guarantee you that if the situation was reversed, and the Astros players were calling for games to be played in Dallas or Arizona, the Cubs would be going ape-s*** over the loss of their precious "friendly confines" advantage.

The Cubs are just trying to squeak out any advantage they can get, knowing that they're not playing their best baseball going into the playoffs, and another first round exit looms.

10. bobrek

So, all of you that disagree with me do not believe there would be a vocal group of fans (not saying any of you specifically) that would be making similar comments?

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

No there are assholes everywhere. it is just more fun to point out other's assholes rather than our own.

12. Landlord Landry

perhaps you mean this guy...........

at least Cubs fans "standed" up......... :rolleyes:

13. A.J.

A.J. Member

We not assholes, we just wanted to play, nothing wrong with that.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Fans? Sure. But actual Astros players and the GM whining to the MEDIA about this? Doubtful.

The fact that the Cubs (and their GM) found it necessary to talk to the media about how they felt dissapointed about the lack of a neutral site was pretty amateurish.

The only thing they should have said was "our thoughts are with the Astros and their families. Whatever decisions are made by MLB should be secondary at this point... we just hope everybody is safe."

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Jason Marquis needs to take a look at the bigger picture. What a classless piece of ****. If he pitches here, he should definitely get drilled in the back.

16. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Why would we whine about it? If anything I see this as a possible advantage since the games will be rescheduled for the end of september now, when everyone else's season should be over with, am I right?

17. bobrek

There is something wrong with, especially, players and managment (and fans) not recognizing the bigger picture.

Players are excused all the time by all for wanting to be with their families in times of crisis (illness, death) and times of joy (births). Shouldn't players be excused for wanting to be with/help their families in times of natural disaster? Shouldn't other teams/players be tolerant and understanding of that?

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You are choking dogs.

19. Astro101

Astro101 Member

F the Cubs.

Also since we're rescheduling, does this mean we have a chance at Roy pitching against them?

20. A.J.

A.J. Member

And you are a team that hasnt won a WS game and your fans suck.