1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Another JLin Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YYYY1313, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Apparently Morey envisions Lin as the primary scoring option on games where James Harden is out. I don't see that as a big surprise since this scenario did arise a few time last year. The question becomes if Morey believes that Lin can be this impactful why doesn't he take more shots? Is it the team has higher priority with other players to get more shots out or is it Lin willingly not taking those shots? Or could it be McHale having him focus more on getting his stats through assist with a limited number of shots? On another note if Morey see's him as such a big factor, can the same thing be said for McHale? Thoughts?

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Come on, now. We just had the "Jeremy needs to shoot 3 pointers" thread. So now you wanted to add a thread for two-pointers?

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I'm sorry to say this buy why did we have to sign Lin because ever since we signed him dumb threads have been getting made smh.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Seriously, I like Lin fine as a player. But at this point I wouldn't mind if he got traded so the GARM could be restored to a quality place. According to that one thread, posters think Lin is a better defender than Bev 2 to 1. This is how insane CF has become. The majority of posters have their heads up their derrieres.

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

BAN THIS MAN!! Examples must be made. This is ridiculous.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Another 5-star thread.

7. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Can we just merge all the Lin threads into one big official JLin thread?

8. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Other than crusading in Lin threads, what value do you bring to the forum?

There are others that add value by way of substantive posts and interesting observations or analyses. All you do is bicker with Lin fans. Can you drop the act and just ignore these threads? I am sure Clutchcrew will get around to locking it when they see it.

9. RRockets

RRockets Member

Another Lin thread? c'mon.

The good thing is that Rockets is not run by fans of Rockets. Otherwise Rockets won't know which way to go, good or bad. Simply too many cooks in the kitchen.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Put me on your ignore list.

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I know I'm not answering the OP's question...

But honestly, we're in trouble if Lin is the next scoring option after Harden. Howard is our other max player, best defensive center in the league, but we also signed him for his offensive contribution (because otherwise, why not just stick w/ Asik). If not Harden, Howard needs to be the other option. No reason to put the offensive load on Lin. After H/H, offensive responsibility should be spread out amongst the role players (Casspi, Lin, Parsons, Garcia,..I excluded Bev because he has his work cut out on the defensive end, but a big plus if he does contribute). You're kinda setting up a role player to fail, especially since we're using Lin as a facilitator/set-up guy in the 2nd unit instead of a scoring guy.

12. jayland

jayland Member

Do we really need so many Lin threads. Do any other NBA team forums have so many threads on their 6th or 7th best player?

13. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

I am a Lin fan, and my thought is that you should stop making Lin thread at least for a while. Please, give some space for him and the team grow. You are so annoying even to me!

14. bws

bws Member

Right. If Howard would accept more PnRs, then Lin can do what he did with Tyson Chandler once they work out the chemistry. Lin will get better at feeding him in the post, but they have to play significant minutes together. Lin then will get the ball to Casspi, Parsons and Garcia and Bev because his driving/dribble and ball movement leads to him making the shot or setting up a team mate. He's great at getting the ball to people. But if people whine when he makes bonehead passes, well, he's a risky player and that happens. He'll get steals to make up for some of the TOs. So Lin is not just a scorer when he comes on. If McHale and Morey are thinking scorer, a la Spurs game, then that's not mostly what Lin is going to do. He'll only do that on occasion.

But one thing. This all goes out the window if Lin can't get to the rim or if there is big rim protection or is trapped or denied penetration by defensive schemes or those schemes are designed to confuse his decision making. In that case, the team needs to put up mid-range shots, Lin, Bev, all of them need to. That is an important element pretty much missing from the Rockets offense. And it is important Lin learn how to recognize and adjust which he really needs to work on more.

15. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Please stop making Lin thread. I beg you, please. You are destorying his chance to succeed in Rockets, rather than helping. Are you actually Lin hater?

16. torocan

torocan Member

Seriously, we don't need *another* thread that can be addressed in a bunch of other threads.

Merge this with another thread please.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

This thread could have gone in any number of existing threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.