1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Democratic Debate Tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Donald Trump

ryan_98, King1 and KingCheetah like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

3. Nook

Nook Member

Also not feeling “Mayor Pete”... too short and small to be President. Pretty sure he was the kid that sat on the bleachers during gym class and whined every time a bee was near him.

Bernie Sanders is in the wrong line of work, based on his followers, he should have been a cult leader.

Chuck Knoblach’s sister was the only one that was reasonable but no one likes her.

Elizabeth Warren wanted to hit Mayor McCheese and Great Uncle Joe thought he was a contestant on Jeopardy

Rashmon, B-Bob, pgabriel and 6 others like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but that Trump rally was definitely more entertaining than an episode of friends and seinfeld

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Awesome post.

You hit the personalities on the head. I was hyping Buttigieg up in his thread but he was a bit unlikable tonight and Warren picking on him as we all know he is taking votes from her was awkward

Bernie's following is a bit cultish which isn't a negative but it is a danger for the party. (I maybe unfair to his following about that but definitely understand your point)

So hard to see any of them beating Trump at this point

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’ve been repeating over and over on this board that Booker and Klobuchar are far and away the two best candidates. Booker isn’t on that stage tonight and Amy is polling pretty low. America is dumb

B-Bob and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think America is dumb, I don't think you've secretly scouted out the best candidates either. Klobuchar and Booker polling just right. Relax bro.

KingCheetah likes this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@Jayzers_100

Yes bro, republicans like Klobuchar. She's essentially a very moderate republican to me. She reminds me of John Kasich.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Consider this though; they have no glaring flaws. Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Pete all do. And we all know why:
    Biden: too old (his time was 2016). Gaffe machine
    Warren: too left
    Sanders: too old, left, had a heart attack
    Pete: too inexperienced. Yeah and he’s gay which shouldn’t matter but maybe some independents won’t like that, sadly. Trump voters obviously won’t but we’re not getting them anyway.

candidates like Kobluchar are the moderates you’re looking for. She’s great and you need someone who is just solid and like able enough to win. There’s no need to nominate a big established name to fight Trump. Merely a likeable centrist candidate

Corrosion likes this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yeah and if Kasich had won the nomination over Trump our country would be in much better shape. lol

ryan_98 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ha, that Kasich comparison is spot on really.

Democrats say the same thing about Kasich all the time, especially in 2016, that he was too reasonable to win.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mayor Pete is an elf on a shelf.

Rashmon and Two Sandwiches like this.
  14. KingCheetah

Except throwing office supplies at her staff.

Jayzers_100 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah but Kasich got smashed to pieces by Trump and so would Amy.

Moderate isn't what I'm looking for as a voter. I'm looking at policies.

#1 medicare for all

#2 Strong on climate change and environmental protection

#3 Campaign finance reform

This limits my pool to Sanders, Warren, and Yang. So those are my top candidates in that order.

What policies do you care about? Or are you content with superficially judging every candidate until you get to the perfection that is a Amy/Booker ticket?

Lmaooo

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is what KC is talking about @Jayzers_100 It came out a while ago so I don't blame you for missing it.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/02/senator-amy-klobuchar-staff-allegations.html

She doesn't want any of the policies I want and seems like a d******d. Easy hell to the naw from me fam.

17. KingCheetah

He had the most speaking time tonight -- Yang had the least 10 minutes less than Bernie.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yang may ultimately be too Asian. Just too smart, too pratical. He seems above it all, like im only here cause i have to be

Its really not a negative, i just dont think America is going to understand him. We are talking automation in another thread as it relates to income and he is the only one up there talking about it

Not only that i totally agree with him that Democrats shouldn't be obsessed with impeachment. He is the only one not focused on how evil Trump is. Democrats have to stop with the WE HAVE TO BEAT HIM. It doesn't play in the swing districts

I understand solidifying the base. But the shine is already wearing off impeachment. McConnell is gonna make fun of not sending the articles up but Pelosi understands the bigger picture. Its on record, move on to issues

mikol13, T_Man, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yang is far and away the best candidate. People are just just too stupid to realize it.

It's the kind of stuck-in-your-ways mindset that has gotten America in the dredge that it's in over the last twenty years. As a whole, we can't think forward. We think sideways,and it's a shame.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

All of the Klobuchar hate here means she clearly had a good night.

Two Sandwiches and Jayzers_100 like this.