1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another deadline move? Or is Morey done until summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 21, 2017.

1. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

We should definitely be targeting Kyle O'Quinn, Willy Hernangomez, Richaun Holmes, or any other big man before the deadline. In the offseason we should look at Gallinari or any other wing player that would help us. If we can do all these things I think the Rockets will have a pretty good chance at making the Championships next season.

saleem, DonKnock and ilias like this.
  2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Tucker would be a significant addition, in my opinion, and he could likely be had for a fairly reasonable price. Not only can he match up 1-4 against GS, but he can also effectively check guys like AD, Blake, and LMA. He helps shore up rebounding concerns, as well.

DonKnock and ilias like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What do you think can the Rockets offer for him?

4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

How much would it take to get Bojan Bogdanovic? KJ and a 2nd rounder? Salaries work...

DonKnock likes this.
  5. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Harrell, KJ, and 2nd might get it done for Tucker. Initially they wanted a first, but that's not going to happen. Possibly both of our seconds this year.

6. saleem

I think Morey might try to get WCS from the Kings. Just a guess on my part.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. saleem

Maybe so, but the Rockets shouldn't let go of Harrell. Tucker is a UFA. I believe Harrell will become a consistent PF for us by the next season, and he is valuable to us even right now.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can he really play at the 4?

He's another one where the cost impacts whether I'd trade for him. There's only so many minutes to around.

Right now you've got 4 guards who need at least 25 minutes meaning we'll probably use some small ball with one of them playing the 3. You've got Ariza and Dekker that play the 3 and Dekker at the 4. How many minutes can Tucker reasonably get with the rest of those guys still getting adequate minutes?

saleem likes this.
  9. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Was thinking WCS as well.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

If Paul george is available you do anything to get him and call it a day.

topfive likes this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Word is Lakers are putting together a big package for him. Doubt we would be able to top theirs

12. Progs

Progs Member

Kyle O'Quinn; call it a day! No, to P.J. Tucker. Too short to play center.

saleem and HTX Ninja like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I disagree. The time to go all in is this summer, when there's a shot at picking up a key piece via FA, so we don't have to give away anything important. Hard to imagine us winning it all this year, and that's the only reason to go all in right now, to have a legit shot at the title.

I don't like Olynyk at all, but would love this trade just to watch ABS have a total meltdown when we trade KJ and Montrezl for a white guy.

roslolian and Astrodome like this.
  14. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Honestly, Kyle O'Quinn is one of the more underrated Centers in the league. Plus he's on a 3 year/3.9 million contract which is a bargain with what he's putting up in New York.

ilias and saleem like this.
  15. Play07

Play07 Member

I wonder does morey look at adding a star now or summer, he has some nice players still, dekker, harrell, bev, capela, anderson and gordon, gordon is now replaceable if we could get a star.

or maybe we add someone through free agency and move a big contract to make room

16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think we could get Wilson chandler still. A proposal I saw was KJ, a future first rounder, Nene, and Tyler Ennis. I would be worried about trading Nene because our frontline already isn't the strongest but I guess we could bring up Onuaku. Still want to see Noel or someone like that. Is Brook Lopez a fit here? I've heard he's become really great at shooting 3's.

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

absolutely terrible offer and good thing morey would never think about that

roslolian, saleem, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

We can't afford to lose Nene, unless we're getting another capable 5 in return. He'd be key in a series against MEM, SA, NOP, or Utah.

roslolian and DonKnock like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Trading Nene would be a bad hit to our rep with agents when it comes to veterans taking small one year deals.

He took less money to come here and has played exactly the way you hoped. You turn around and trade him then good luck getting the next veteran to do that deal.

roslolian, DonKnock and HTX Ninja like this.
  20. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Get us a rebounder!

DonKnock and saleem like this.