1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Chapter in a Storied Franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by meadowlark, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Cards win!! Cards win!!

I've been a lifelong Cardinals fan and never more proud of the franchise than tonight.

This small market team shows over and over you can win in spite of everything that often goes against you.

Loose arguably the best picture in baseball in recent times, at least in big games, Chris Carpenter and just plug in Adam Wainwright in his place. In the long tradition of Carpenter, Bob Gibson, and Dizzy Dean, Adam just hitches his pants and throws a complete game 5 victory.

Loose arguably the best baseball player in recent times, Albert Pujoles, and just plug in Alan Craig who was a consistent MVP candidate all season until a late season ending injury. Plug in his replacement, Matt Adams, and never miss a beat with Matt absolutely crushing a 2 run homer tonight.

Loose starting shortstop, ace reliever(s), and other starting pictures to injury...just suck it up, plug in replacements, and play baseball.

When I first went to early Astros games, there were many times more Cardinal fans in the park than Astro's fans.

I hope many of those are still around and will join me in congratulating the Redbirds on one hell of a season.

The only thing that would make it better would be to exact revenge on Boston in a World Series. I was there when Boston swept game 4 and I hope to be there if/when the rematch happens.

Great season, regardless of what happens next.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

It took every ounce of patience I had not to flag this to a temp ban. Please look at the forum heading before you post this crap.

And it is spelled lose

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.