1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another amazing poll time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, May 11, 2019.

?

What do we need to do in order to win a title?

1. Trade Capela and/or Gordon for different type of role players

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Trade Capela and/or Gordon and picks for an all star caliber player (if possible)

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  3. Keep the core and sign a role player with the MLE

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. No, our championship window is closed. Blow it up

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Trades do need to happen. The older players on this team will only regress further.

The next all-in move would be to gut our depth for a super top heavy team and pray we can make the playoffs + pray everyone is healthy come playoff time. I don't think you need an amazing center to win a championship in today's game so the focus should be trading Capela + Gordon + anyone else we can to get the best perimeter player you can.

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Need luck
    Sign pay cut good players .want rings.
    Reporters believe all free agents are leaving.

4. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Agree with you on this. In today’s game you don’t need an amazing center to win. We need to trade everything to get that second star(perimeter player) and figure role players out later. Get bunch of ring chasers on the buyout market and hope for the best.

5. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Simple. Get Deandre Jordan to sign and use Clint and picks to get AD or someone.

I can’t believe people are giving up on the rockets, if you are a true fan you never will!

#houstonrockets2020

6. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

I don’t think we have the assets to trade for AD but I wouldn’t be surprised Deandre signs for the MLE here if we promise him a starting spot.

7. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Other: Trade CP and CC

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

trade cp for paul george.

9. Asian Sensation

I have a feeling it’s gonna be a messy offseason with lots of finger pointing and ultimately leading to wholesale changes.

Despite the choke job, players not playing up to their ability, MDA not making proper adjustments etc. this years team was prob top 3 in my favorite Rockets squads in the last 20 years which makes it extra frustrating/sad they couldn’t come thru.

This was the best opportunity at a ring and I hate to sound like a Debbie downer but I don’t think we’re going to see a better chance than this in the foreseeable future.

I wish we could’ve won so we could run it back but there’s no way that’s happening. Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

10. TheSource

TheSource Member

Sign ariza and luc then really run it back :D

11. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

How about Kevin Love at the 4?