1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think it's the greatest Anime of all time.

But the humor isn't for everybody, and the plot takes a little patience. If you are bored easily you probably aren't gonna like it. Dub is better than sub because it's very wordy.

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Greatest anime of all time is super high praise for a poor paced show so far.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That's your opinion, I never felt it was poorly paced. The offbeat humor made every episode interesting to me before the plot really started coming into focus to elevate it into GOAT territory.

You didn't like it, which is fine, but it is extremely well regarded in general, so most who have seen it feel differently than you.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

top 10 fersure, but psychopass is better scifi imo than stein's

5. Jmcballer88

Whats your top one hermanos? Ive got to say Hunter X is def my top so far.

DudeWah likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

It is out on Netflix, I haven't watched it yet but share your opinion about the series.

7. Jmcballer88

Im enjoying the character interactions but the plot after four episodes hasnt really progressed much. The first episode was really good too which is why Im upset.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Loved Psycho Pass.

Thought Steins Gate was better, but it's in my top 10 as well. Only anime's I would say I clearly enjoyed more were Steins and One Punch Man.

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Nah they did that thing where they have "2 seasons" but really it's just 3-4 (don't remember) episodes to transition the seasons.

This is going to be hard without spoiling but i'll try.

Imo the protagonist is certainly enjoyable, has an ability that could probably level a lot of strong physical attacks in the anime universe. At times he's too OP but the show does a good job of leveling the characters in terms of power as it progresses. The seven deadly sins (6 are revealed so far in the anime) are pretty awesome, they each have their own abilities that compliment them as a squad in spectacular fashion. Some fight scenes are incredible, some aren't. The shows pacing is also great. Ending of season 1 felt rushed & the villain had almost zero character developing but whatever.

The show so far is a 7.8/10.

10. dmoneybangbang

I meant I have not seen the new episodes. I agree with you that the ending was a let down and the villain wasn't very good.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Re-reading your post I see what you're saying now. They're probably going to drag out meeting the last & final Sin.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

In the same boat, but apparent if you make your way through it it's supposed to get amazing

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

As long as Bones is doing the animation it'll be up to snuff

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's extremely overrated imo. Poor pacing, many annoying characters, questionable humor and decisions.

The plot itself had huge potential but just ended up with him trying to save the most annoying chick of all time. Using this whole time travel thing and in the end just doing a generic "save the girl" flick was a real letdown for me.

Think I rated it 7/10?

Rodman23 likes this.
  15. Jmcballer88

Thank the lord man. I wasnt the only one. Im watching my hero academia right now from a close friends recommendation. Im almost done with season 1. Not really liking the main characters whiny bullshit. Heroes are cleverly designed and cool plot but so far very average for me.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We agree on something. I didn't like that show, I seem to be in the minority, but forthe same reasons you listed. The p***y b**** act gets a bit old. Protagonists can be confident, they don't have to look like the all time bully victim constantly.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

p***y b**** act? Deku kicks a lot of ass in My Hero. What episode you guys on?

18. Jmcballer88

Episode 10 season 1.

19. joesr

joesr Member

Quanzhi Gaoshou (the kings avatar) ended. Probably the best anime of the season. Probably highly underrated since it is a Chinese product and not Japanese

20. joesr

joesr Member

Yo!!

I know some of you aren't fans Boku no Hero, but check out the OVA's, two of them. Training with the Dead is an awesome comedic relief!