1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

It doesnt really veer off until around episode 9. Brotherhood is overall much better plot.

2. Jmcballer88

There may not seem to be a story, but trust me it pays off. All of the characters are connected via celty. It all comes together and makes sense.

3. Jmcballer88

Akame Ga Kill was good imo. I like the action and weapon diversity.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It's basically an adrenaline rush. Its an effed up story by nature, but that's the point honestly, I really loved it.

5. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

Just finished food wars. I enjoyed it. Waiting for the new season since it's so much they need to cover. I keep seeing posts about Attack on Titan but they've been bullshitting us for the last few years but did drop Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress to try to keep us satisfied. Didn't work. I'm also watching erased and bloodivores. They're both ok. I also heard Bleach and Fairy tale should be back soon. Not sure how true that is. But anywho.
    I do need a few suggestions though.
    I look through the pages but it's too many to scroll through.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Attack on Titan is at least confirmed for spring 2017 finally. No fairy tail as of yet besides a movie.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, cant wait. Im glad I just now recently watched it instead of 3 years ago when it first came out. I cant wait already for the new season and definitely couldnt have waited 3 years for a new season. I binge watched the whole first season on netflix in a weekend.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Days is really up there with the best of sports anime. tsukamotos development has been amazing. At least they're not bullshitting and confirmed a season 2 in 2017.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That's good to hear. I started watching that one after going on a sports anime binge recently. Watched a ton of Kuroko no Basket and Haikyuu.

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

i gotta get back into bingeing kuroko. Can't remember what episode i stopped at, but last i remember Seiren just beat the big pink haired center and taigas basketball friend and were getting ready to face the ace point guard in the finals. I miss watching that show lol.

11. joesr

joesr Member

Sport animes are legit. Kuroko is number 3 on that list for me. Haikyuu being number one and Days being number 2. All Out is pretty good too.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

when is new season of kuroku coming out

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I tried watching All Out but wasn't digging it. I think its because I was watching the dub on funimation tho. I'll try it again in Japanese with subs

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I'm really starting to dig this show and i'm only on episode 2 lol.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I like days. I saw its flaws early. But I think the last ten episodes have been really great.

They should have toned his development down a little bit. It's almost annoying levels of unrealistic. I want the others to be the stars (as has been the case) for a good while. I've really liked how they started fleshing out the other characters.

He should be carried to nationals as Mizuki said he was.

Then they can do a really good job making tsukamoto become better and better.

I think they're really walking a fine line in days with how weak they made tsukamoto in the beginning. They have to bring him along just right or it won't be that good.

Anyway, to me, days is barely in the upper tier of high school team based sports anime.

Diamond no Ace and Haikyu are a strong notch above. There's almost zero flaw in those two. And Days is on the same level as Kuroko.

I think All Out has the potential to be good. I watch every week. But realistically, it's hard to be as interested in rugby.

I've never watched, but Eyeshield 21 is supposed to be really good.

17. joesr

joesr Member

Didnt care for eyeshield. Maybe should have given more chances but the style just didnt click

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Those are valid points and I can agree with most of them. As of right now, he's the glue guy of the team. Brings the energy and doesn't take any plays off.

Don't see the unrealistic stuff he's done (might be due to the lack of knowledge on the sport). Based on the position he played is it unrealistic that he almost always is where the ball will be at? Only thing I can think of.

Agree with haikyuu and ace of the diamond, Definitely my top 1 and 3 respectively. Yowamushi pedal being 2.

I keep up with all out as well, it's decent enough for me to keep watching it weekly. The captains white hairs annoy me so much, he'd look a lot better without them lol.

DudeWah likes this.
  19. joesr

joesr Member

Saiki Kusuo just finish. This has to be one of the comediac animes out there. Not real story to follow, just laughter.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I enjoyed Sword Art Online Season 1 more than Season 2, but both were good.