1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ANDREW WIGGINS (Once in a Generation)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by 713, Jul 6, 2012.

1. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8LwRMH2Uig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Lebron

hope Morey tries to get him

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

All the highlight videos I've seen so far are of Wiggins playing as a man among boys. He's 6'7 playing a SG role, but against high school kids he has the size for a center. He'll probably be the #1 pick of his class, but it remains to be seen what his NBA ceiling will be.

To me, what Shabazz Muhammad did in the McDonald's AA tourney game, against other NBA prospects and at least a handful of future NBA players (you can bank on that), is more concrete evidence of what he can be. I see in Shabazz the heir to Dwyane Wade, who took the spot from Kobe a few years back.

If Wiggins can dominate his AA game the way Shabazz did or better, then I would get on his bandwagon. For now though, count me as all-in on Shabazz. In the five drafts between 2009 and 2013, I believe the two best players that will inherit the reigns to the NBA from those years will be Kyrie Irving and Shabazz. Sorry Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, John Wall, and Ricky Rubio, ya'll will have to settle with being big-name overrated all-stars with little playoff success to show for it.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I like Kyrie Irving! :) He's a great player but also a great kid. He was in the Best Buddies program (program that connects regular kids with special needs )

[​IMG]

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...oach-believes-he-could-start-for-an-nba-team/

High Schooler Andrew Wiggins’ Coach Believes He Could Start for an NBA Team

According to the explosive (and wildly talented) high school junior’s coach, Andrew Wiggins could be a starter in the NBA today. Reports the Kentucky Kernel: “Standing 6-foot-8, 195 pounds, there is not much Andrew Wiggins can’t do on the basketball court. [...] In fine-tuning his skills, he has become a prolific scorer, whether that is with his much-improved jump shot or driving ability. In addition, his length provides vast opportunities to break down his All that considered, his head coach at Huntington Prep, Rob Fulford, summed things up: ‘There is no question college is a waste of time for him.’ Essentially, he is correct. Wiggins ended this summer as the top player in America regardless of class, despite hailing from Toronto. ‘It is an honor that people are recognizing someone from Canada, another country, being named the best player in the nation,’ Wiggins said. [...] Wiggins suggests that he still needs to improve on a few things, notably getting stronger and working on ball handling. ‘I mean, his game is at an extremely high level and he’s on an entirely different level than anyone at his age right now,’ Fulford said. ‘I think it’s just kind of fine-tuning things at this point.’ But, Fulford said, ‘he could start for an NBA team tomorrow.’”

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

With everything going the way it is, he will enter the 2014 draft? Is there any possible way to get in next year? Say if he went to europe to play pro or whatever?

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

quick question... ive been thinking hard about this?

without Andrew Wiggins having any NBA expiernce, would you trade Parsons, D-Mo, and both our lottery picks.... if you knew you could Andrew Wiggins.. yes or no?

8. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

He's considering reclassifying to 2013. Just have to apply for that. That would be nice if we could get him (an understatement)

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yes there are probably only 10 players in the entire nba a gm wouldn't trade for wiggins.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

A talent like Wiggins- if he pans out- is once every decade. Parsons, D-Mo- these guys are good, but are more common.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

id trade the whole team

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

reclassifying means he would enter the upcoming draft? that would be great...super tank mode...but i bet he ends up in orlando..

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Uhhhhh....is that even a serious question?

If that deal ever happens to come around...Morey deserves to be banned from NBA front offices forever if he doesn't take it and run.

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

This.

15. Raven

Raven Member

If Wiggins moves up to the 2013 draft, there needs to be a write in campaign to convince Les to Abrams the Rockets. Any other course of action would be insanely stupid.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wiggins can't enter the 2013 draft. Earliest you'll see him is if he reclassifies and decides to enter the 2014 draft.

17. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

so he's 2015 if he doesn't? Damn...too long of a wait for him =(

18. 713

713 Member

yes. he's entering JUNIOR year of high school..

so if he dosen't reclassify he will be in 2015 draft.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

whats the lottery protection on the Raps pick in 2015...

hope the Raps suck that year

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think we'll get the pick if the Raptors land the number 1 pick that year. I could be wrong though. If somebody could post the details on the protection of the Raptors pick that could be great.