1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Goudelock of Vipers named NBDL Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm very surprised this guy has not been called up... don't know what the deal may be there. He has been brilliant for the Vipers since they got him...

2. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Looks like a week without Royce White did him some good

3. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

our 4th PG. Nice :)

4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Good for him. Yaaaaaaa VIPERS!

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Kobe called this guy "Mini-Mamba", so he's got to have some kind of skills. I just wonder if it's more suited for the (no)D-League type of play.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dennis Scott just said on tonight's game that Goudelock's said he's surprised they haven't called him up, too. He's going ape in the first quarter of tonight's game... 15 points already.

7. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

With all that scoring skill and a pg/sg and young at 24, why Houston won't want to give him a chance as backup to J.Lin?

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

So this happened again.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow guy is blowing up, we should cut Royce and sign him.

10. just a word

just a word Member

If I'm reading the stats right, and they're consistent, that would make him more of a scoring PG type?

How's his defense?

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

With LAC's game as proof that we are better without Harden we might as well start looking for a star to build around in Andrew G!

12. basketballholic

I think we're saving Goudelock for next season. I would be disappointed if we didn't sign him to a summer contract and if he didn't make his way onto the roster next year. I feel the same way about him that I feel about Whiteside. He's and NBA player. Has nothing left to prove in NBADL.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i know his stats look good, and that he's been playing incredibly well in the D-League, but having watched his game somewhat closely, i just think he's too much of a chucker, not a good enough ball handler, and doesn't have the court vision of an NBA point guard. His shot selection is just plain terrible, and he's not a very good shooter. Haven't watched his defense close enough to render an opinion.

I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but despite the gaudy numbers and D-League success, is anyone else skeptical about a potential NBA transition?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The question would be, I would think, who would he replace? AB) already does, with far greater experience and results, what you described AG would bring (albeit less altitude challenged)?

Griz had been looking to add a guy and went with the retired Dooling.

In baseball there is the mythical AAAA baseball. Is this guy the NBA comparable?

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I hope Morey signs this guy. Point guard position isn't set in stone.

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

AB has a team option, and his contract could be cleared in trades or declined for a free agent signing.

17. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

G-lock was automatic from 3 and would be great here if coaching can sort out the playing time for our guards.

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

G-lock has a go to floater and an excellent 3 pt shot. But running a team is hard for him. TD was just as good from 3 though. Choosing Bev over TD means that we probably won't repeat that mistake though as Bev is not as good from deep but can actually lead a floor game.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is he better than Jeremy Lin?

I think Lin is a better defender but Goudelock is a better shooter and pure scorer.

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You are so bad! Stop trolling! :grin:

As for Goudelock, I think had Garcia not been playing as well as he has, there was a chance that the Rockets might waive him and sign Goudelock on the last week of the regular season. They might still do it if they waive Ohlbrecht, although I think they'd like Tim in their offseason program.