1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut, incomplete lower back fracture

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by worzel gummidge, Feb 4, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/bogut_s_back_injury_diagnosed.html

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Why did the Bucks even draft this guy?

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Geez, the Bucks can't catch a break.....

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He is an underrated player. A team like Utah or San Antonio could turn Bogut into a hero.

5. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Seconded.

6. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

dear god...what a horrible injury...and the guy has been playing with that?? must be very painful...

sometimes i feel bad for nba players, even with all the money, playing with all that pain gotta suck

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I hate him as a player (total gutless flopper), but do hope he gets well as a person. He has legit NBA skill and talent.

8. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Dude is a good center and this hard to come by

He's a good Rebounder, great passer, good athleticism, good mobility, good offenseive skills and he's fairly young.

Bucks are in a lot of pain.

9. adoo

adoo Member

he is what is he, a mediocre NBA player, a step below Christian Laettner

Bucks were stupid enough to draft this mediocrity as the first overall pick.

10. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

When you draft a player, you can't say if he's gonna be a star. Sure we all knew LeBron was going to be one but not in 2004 draft. Bogut was really good and he was a center .. Every team needs a big man .. Nobody knew he was going to be alright and CP3/D-Will some premium PGs in the league .. also blame ATL for picking up Marvin at 2nd overall

11. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Bogut is a solid 2 way center who on the right team could average 18/12 without breaking a sweat.

Its not his fault he plays in Milwaukee where they are allergic to feeding the post.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Cue the photoshopped Bogut/Tmac "Brokeback" pictures?

Actually, I don't care for Bogut the person much. I know he enjoys trashing the NBA and Americans in general when he heads home to Australia. There is definitely some truth to what he says but the way he says it wreaks of someone who thinks they are better than the company/country that gives them a fat paycheck.

Of course, I never wish injuries on players but if Bogut never steps foot on a basketball court again I won't feel bad for him. He hates it here anyway so let him take a medical retirement and head back down under.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

real stars put up numbers everywhere. they don't need the "right" team. and 18/12 is pushing it...more like 15/10 imo.

14. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Well your opinion is bull**** since he averaged 15/10 last season on apparently the "wrong" team.

So how about you actually think a little tiny bit before you hit that 'submit reply' button eh?

And how is he supposed to get those number when his teammates dont feed him the ball? The bucks are a **** ballclub and they shouldnt have drafted bogut in the first place.

15. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

he averaged 14.4/9.8 last season in 34 mins a game. and that's about as good as he gets. he got 11.7 shots a game last season...for comparison this season yao only gets 12.9 shots a game and howard 12.6, the 2 best centers in the league. tell me which nba team would feed andrew freaking bogut the ball more? we're talking about andrew freaking bogut!

16. foodworld

foodworld Member

You may not like the guy personally (and with good reason), but there's no denying that he's improved dramatically since his rookie season. He's no longer the foul machine he was and has become a defensive presence. Hope he gets well soon.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think he'd be a great teammate on a playoff team. I'll always remember him for the handslap with the phantom teammates after he made a free throw. That was perfect symbolism for what is going on with the Bucks. Bogut is a winner.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Would you have a favorable view of America if you went from laid back Australia to playing on the Bucks in cold Milwaukee ? :)

I think more and more people who enter America from other countries see its not to bad in their home country. And America is only slightly better if better at all in some instances. BUT, if an American went to Australia and trashed their country they might get their back broke too.

19. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Basketball is no longer a big man's game, the game is guard oriented and anytime you can get a center who can easily average 15/10 and 3 assists on 50% FG, thats considered quite good.

20. lalala902102001

That's too bad for the Bucks, right after they lost Redd.