1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut could be bought out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Spooner, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

The Mavericks reportedly could buy out Andrew Bogut if he remains on the roster past the trade deadline. Bogut is on the books for $11 million this season, but it could be tough for the Mavs to find a trade partner if the underlying theory is that he could be had for the vet's minimum after the trade deadline. Bogut is currently on the sidelines with a knee injury, and he won't be back in action until Dec. 29's game against the Lakers at the earliest, leaving Salah Mejri and Dwight Powell to man the center spot in Dallas

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1119/andrew-bogut

I've always had a passionate dislike for Bogut since he joined the Warriors and going to the Mavs didn't really help in that area. However there is no denying, as evidenced by their collapse last year after he went down as well as their decline defensively this year, that he provided them with championship caliber defense at the center spot. He had gone on record saying that he almost signed with Houston which indicates that there is still probably some mutual interest. Seems at the very least that he could be had for very cheap in a trade, as well as the possibility of signing him after the deadline for vet min and preserving flexibility.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  2. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Well being an Australian and having met him just over a year ago, he didn't seem as much of a d$ck in real life as many make out to be. I wouldn't trade away our flexibility in cap space for next season, but a vets min or even a nominal trade of picks, KJ or overseas rights I'd be all for a loan for the rest of the season, especially given Capella's injury.
    It's the middle where we're being mauled at the moment, so even if it's something short term to fix that up I'd be for it (and would be nice to have an Aussie on the team). Can't see it happening though.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn would be a nice pickup for the Rockets, I know Nene and Harrell did well last game but I would love for Rox to sign or trade for him on the cheap.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

If he gets bought out can't he just go back to Golden State? Lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ummm.....wouldn't he just go back to the Warriors if he gets bought out?? Seriously, this would be complete horse**** if it happens. Like, almost to the point where I'd cry collusion. The Warriors could hypothetically get him off the books, sign Durant with the money, let Bogut take a couple of weeks off to rest once the Mavs buy him out, then sign him at the Vet's Minimum for a playoff run.

There has to be some kind of rule that forbids a player to re-sign with the team that traded/cut him that same season if they were to be bought out.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

oooooooo crap

7. malakas

malakas Member

i think there is indeed a rule that prohibits him from resigning with the Warriors.
    If he gets bought out though I expect Lebron to be all over trying to get him to the Cavs.

DreamShook and BigMaloe like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That a-hole will sign with the Warriors again for the vet min.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Didnt he leave all pissed off?

I can see them recruiting him back there.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i don't think hes able to resign with the warriors.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It would be a nice pickup but I hate his ****ing guts

DreamShook likes this.
  12. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Just like Anderson Varejao signed with Warriors for veterans minimum expect Bogut to sign with the Cavs for the minimum to replace Birdman. Bogut already turned us down for the Mavs this summer.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Would be interesting to see him with the Spurs.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Aldridge/ Gasol/ Lee
    Dedmon/ Bogut

That would be a way better balanced line-up than what they have now and would be an insane front court. Aldridge+Gasol in the starting line-up simply doesn't work. The problem would be convincing Gasol to move to the bench and Lee accepting an even smaller role.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I would love love this signing but kid is always hurt

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I wouldn't be mad if we end up getting him.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

As much as a prick as he is, the guy is a difference maker and we should be hoping that we land him.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

His illegal picks would do wonders for this offense.

hakeem94, superfob and Rox11 like this.
  19. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

He cannot go by to the Warriors this season.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q100
    • A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season.

Tha_Dude and malakas like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Andrew "Adolf" Bogut is an Alt-Right racist that in general is a terrible human being.... but he is also tough as nails and one of the smartest basketball players I have seen.[​IMG]