1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anderson is killing us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 23, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

are you going to keep crying about it the entire season

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How many games do he Rockets win last year with out Ryno? Would we have been a top 3 seed? Probably not, No 55 win season, no CP3, without CP3 Melo doesn't put us on his list and we have no shot.

Take it for what it is, with or without Ryno the Rockets do not get Melo.

Mazulis and don grahamleone like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That may be true. But you can not leave out the fact that the money going to him would be going to a different player. So that $$ could have had that same scenario happen also.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Killing the other team that game.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ryno was kicking ass tonight. I don't care what anyone says.
    [​IMG]

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What other player could we have signed last year with the same impact? None. Ryno is the best stretch four in the game and a big reason our offense blitzed the league last year. Just like last night

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a really good post @DreamShook , really well done

#147 Os Trigonum, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Mazulis likes this.
  8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he is very underrated here, now that he's dropped ten pounds. five million dollars overpaid. without him, harden and gordon wouldn't be looking so good each night. with the lane clogged, neither can drive in so easily.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

he needs more shots...I’d like to see him averaging 12-13 shots a night...get him more involved in the offense

RudyTBag and Mathloom like this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

When did I say I hate anyone?

Simply stated that the fact Ryno signed that contract cost us our shot at Melo. Do you disagree?

11. amaru

amaru Member

I will continue to bring it up every time someone says Gordon is better than Melo because 1) no sh*t and 2) that wasn’t the original trade proposal.

I had revisionist history just to make ourselves feel better. Therefore I will constantly challenge it. If that triggers you....well you know what to do.

12. amaru

amaru Member

Hard to say......are you familiar with the concept of butterfly effect?

Theoretically all that was needed was the necessary cap space. That could have been filled by any combination of players or another more talented player. Signing Anderson wasn’t inherently necessary to trading for Melo.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody brought it up. its just you. if youre going to constantly cry about it when it does nothing and that gets you going then by all means continue.

you and ashleyem should start a group together

14. amaru

amaru Member

It’s been mentioned by multiple posters in at least 2 different game threads. Revisionist history is a personal pet peeve of mine so I challenge.

Also, if you don’t care that I bring it up why did you waste time replying to my post? I can assure you that your opinions are practically worthless to me.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

so i can let you know what you sound like. and if you keep doing so ill continue to let you know

16. amaru

amaru Member

Well do whatever makes you happy I guess....kinda weird but hey.

17. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

So you, with a straight face, would expect Ryan to say to his employer, "pay me less"? And you would expect him to do so in this NBA environment, where everyone is overpaid?

Yeah.... ok. You say that to your employer first.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's a speculation. I don't disagree. I've said it more than once that the contract was a mistake. But lots of people blame Anderson for the contract, which is totally misguided.

This is a thread that claims that Anderson is killing us. Do you agree or disagree. This thread is about Anderson the player, not the contract. They are two different things. Ryan Anderson is responsible for playing well. He is not responsible for what kind of money the team was throwing at him. You are changing the subject.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

No I would have expected him to take a long, hard look at himself and only signed a deal which he can live up to. Look at Nene signing for 4M a year, he is clearly worth more than that but he knows with his health and age he won't be able to live up to a bigger contract. Not everyone is overpaid some guys like Beverly and Ariza sign deals because they have a complete understanding to what they can bring to the table.

In Anderson's case since he signed for a deal which is way more than his actual value I expected him to work hard for his money and not just do what he has always done. If you look at Parsons for example he got a huge new deal in Dallas but he didn't stick to being Harden's sidekick, he tried to do more like handle the ball and be the focus of the offense. I know everybody hates Portions but in that respect at least he tried to live up to the money he is paid. Barnes was strictly a defender and open 3 pt shooter in GSW but in Dallas he tried to do more and become more of an offensive threat. James Harden was a sixth man in OKC, when he got paid the Max in Houston did he tell Morey that he'll become the best super sub Houston has ever had?

Look this is the same in the real world, when you get a new job and get a massive increase do you do what you have always done or is more expected of you? If you were the no 1 saleman in your old company and became the sales director in a new company are you expected to still be an individual contributor? If you are given more money then naturally more is expected of you, it's a joke to pretend otherwise. If you underperform at your new job and when people get on your ass who says "It's not my fault I'm overpaid, you should blame the HR for hiring me"?

The Ryan Anderson fanclub is so far inside Ryan Anderson's ass they think Morey signed Anderson with the intention that he will only remain at 12 pts and 5 rebs a game. Morey is one of the cheapest GMs in the league, yet somehow he is happy that Anderson's PPG actually went down by 4 pts once he got to an MDA offense. Yup, Anderson definitely fulfilled all of Morey's expectations, that's why Morey tried everything he could do to dump Anderson in the deadline and in the offseason.

#159 roslolian, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Getting Ryno multiple shots needs to be a focus for us nightly. CP3/Harden/Gordon will get theirs. We NEED to work Ryno in more often. Call plays for him constantly.