1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anderson is killing us...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 23, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

QFT. can't stand these automatic posts. half of them are from people that are watching the box score on their phone

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. today

today Contributing Member

Every time I see Ryan Anderson now, I get depressed knowing how close we were to having Carmelo instead. I had hoped that Ryno would start the season off on fire and make me forget Carmelo, but instead it's just the opposite.

Going to eat some chocolate now to ease the pain.

Deuce, amaru, RasaqBoi and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I know how you feel, bro. Close but no cigar for a player, who is balling for a competitor. Not the biggest Melo fan, but that guy could get us buckets in our 4th quarter dry spells. No doubt about it. Anderson disappears in the playoffs.

RocketsTerps and RasaqBoi like this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

@DreamShook

I watched one half of that game. I’ve seen enough of Ryan Anderson to know that he has no defensive / rebounding skills. I don’t know what 2-3 plays you look at and determine the dude has something in him.

He has 1 job. If he’s off, he brings nothing more to the team.

today likes this.
  5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

6. today

today Contributing Member

Give that boy some chocolate! Everyone who has to watch Ryan Anderson play deserves chocolate to ease the pain.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, the majority have expectations based on the amount of money the player makes. You can't convince them otherwise. I ignore what the player makes and focus on the game. From the eye test, it's clear that Anderson is playing a lot better defensively this year as opposed to last year. He seems to be hustling more, seems to try to fight for rebounds more and even boxes out a majority of the time.

I think part of Anderson's problem is that people expect him to score 18 a night, but he doesn't always get enough open looks from three to consistently score that much. He is restricted as to what he can do in this system as well since Mike expects him to park his ass in the perimeter and let Harden/Paul/Gordon go to work. Anderson has more to his game, but he isn't allowed to show case it here with good reason. We just have much more talented players that need the space to get higher percentage shots at the paint as opposed to Anderson's less efficient post ups.

It would be nice if he would get over his inability to make shots at TC. We really do need him to step up.

His contract will always make him a huge target for criticism.

Mazulis, kubli9 and DreamShook like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

Ryno’s putrid contract cost us a line up of Harden, Gordon, Tucker, Melo and Capela.

I see some fans trying to cushion the blow by saying Gordon is better than Melo. No ****.... but we wouldn’t have had to chose if we don’t overpay for a 1 dimensional injury prone forward. Melo said himself there was a deal in place in July but it was held up. That hold up was Ryan “the Anchor” Anderson

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think his contract was actually the only thing that put made us a viable trade candidate for Melo. Melo makes $26M this season. If Ryno made a more reasonable contract, there'd be no way for us to match salary. We had to sign a bunch of guys just to match CP3 at $23M.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Played ok for the first 2 games but since then he went back to his oldself....the guy is just plain awful

amaru likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Had his cap hit been spread over younger more versatile players ( and that’s not saying much as all he can do is catch and shoot), Melo would most likely have been a Rocket months ago. We needed to match salaries, they didn’t have to all come from one person.

12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Okafor + McConnell for Anderson

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes so okafor can stretch the floor for the rockets

Reeko, Pen15clubber and BigggReddd like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5 games in. Ryan Anderson: 9pts 6rbs. Shooting 34% from 3pt range. 6th in the team in PER at 11.5

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Anderson isnt worth his contact but he's playing with more effort on da defense side and less pump fakes. At least he isn't useless like parson and that disgusting contract

s3ts likes this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

he showed up tonight. got a crucial block, 6/15 from 3.

honestly, he was extra pissed because of getting fouled hard. i wish he'd play w/ that same intensity every game.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I first saw Anderson's surprising competitiveness last season when Carmelo was trying to go at him when Melo was a member of the Knicks. Melo was trying to embarrass Anderson, but Anderson wouldn't back down even throwing in some trash talk Melo's way. You don't see it much but Anderson isn't a pushover despite his imitations on defense. He isn't intimidated even if he is outmatched.

You saw it today. Anderson wasn't backing down from Dwight even after he crushed Tarik and Capela. Dwight was getting so frustrated, he was trying to intentionally hurt him. Anderson still came back after he injured his knee.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

good to see that he is getting back in to some form

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need to play him at C with PJ Tucker in the game, so he gets his shots up.

Mazulis and don grahamleone like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Anderson didn't make up the contract. Morey did. If you are going to hate the contract, hate Morey.

Mazulis and don grahamleone like this.