1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An Idea for those who have NBA League Pass

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deckard, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought about this yesterday and just checked. For those of us here with LP, go to scores and go down to the individual games played for whatever date is displayed. On the left, is a calendar for the month when those games were played. Move over to the calendar with your mouse, etc., and you can scroll the months up and down.

Select the month you want, and then move back to where the games for a date are displayed and you can change the date for that month and pick one of those games to watch. You then have the option for which broadcast to use, home or away, if that is an option. You can also watch a short recap or a 15 minute condensed version. If you have the “one team only” LP option, which is cheaper (and which is the Rockets, of course), or the standard “any game, any team” option, what you watch is up to you. I didn’t check to see if previous years games are accessible, but the calendars go back to the previous season.

By the way, you can turn the display of the scores for those games on and off in settings. During the season, I had the scores turned off, so if I’m watching it late and weren’t able to record it on my DVR, I could watch it later this way without knowing in advance how things turned out.

So where am I going with this? If you hate that there are no games to watch during this hiatus that’s supposedly for 30 days, but may be far longer (which we all hate), you are not without an NBA fix for your addiction. You can rewatch, or watch for the 1st time games you missed, every Rockets game played. I’m going to rewatch every win. If that isn’t enough entertainment for me, I’ll watch the losses, as well. Not the first go round, however. I’m looking to alleviate my depression brought about by our mutual catastrophe by watching the victories.

So there you are. If you have League Pass, this is a way to cheer yourself up, if only a little bit. I’m watching the home broadcast for the October 26th game between the Rockets and the Pelicans, the 2nd game of the season. Bill, Bull, and Clyde are doing the game. It’s like a breathe of fresh air, even with Clyde there. My Rockets fix, and you can get a fix as well, if you have LP.

If there’s an easier way to access the games, I’m sure someone will point it out. In the meantime, cheers!

#1 Deckard, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don’t need good luck to rewatch games. At least there’s no commercials.
    We all need good luck if we hope to see the real thing before next season.

don grahamleone, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was going to start by watching all the sperms losses but we only have a month off according to silver

slothy420 and BMoney like this.
  5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

we can create the Chucky Brown sucks or lets trade Jim Pettersen, Robert Reid and a draft pick for James Worthy

csj likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Cleverly disguised "Clyde's commentary sucks" thread.

I see you, @Deckard. I see you. :D

pippendagimp and Deckard like this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I meant good luck with that endeavor bringing some happiness or joy since that is your intent.

Deckard likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I still have games 4 and 5 of the 2018 WCF saved on the DVR...that’s all I need

I could rewatch those games countless times

damn I miss that season so much...it was such a blessing to be able to witness a team that dominant

ksny15 likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wish we could go back and watch 80s/90s games. I totally would. Heck, even to just jump back to Harden's original Rockets season and watch a few from each one.

Von Rafer likes this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep and i recorded the 2017 2018 season. God i would do anything to go back to those days. Even the cp3 coming to houston brought me chills.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Got it, and thanks. That luck is something we all need.

It's like we've had a piece of our heart torn out by a virus unprecedented in the modern era. Not since 1918 has the world faced a pandemic that is as much danger to everyone as is the Coronavirus. Not only to our health, but to the jobs those not retired, like me, depend on for their paychecks, paychecks that they and their families need so badly. Soon, and we are getting there very quickly, in my opinion, you won't be able to go to work, got out for pleasure, go out for shopping, whether for what we need to live, or simply for the pleasure of doing so. The pleasure that we get from being ardent fans of basketball, ended for now by this damned virus, is only a small part of the impact we face.

I hate what's happening. We all do, and it will get worse before it will get better. Those who dismiss the concern so many of us have about the virus are living in a fool's paradise. The concern is well placed. Meanwhile, those of us that can will attempt to get their NBA addiction taken care of by whatever avenue presents itself, with the hope that through some miracle, this madness will soon end.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bump!

Here's a post I found in the middle of a semantic argument I'm staying out of (as tempting as it is to give my opinion, and I have one) in the "NBA Suspended" thread, here on page one. Found it thanks to who I assume is one of our fans from Oz, also know as Australia, @ozrocketsfan. Thanks, Oz! He can access games going back to the 2012-13 season on NBA League Pass. I assume I can, as well, but haven't checked, not yet. Still, good news for NBA junkies! That would include the 7 seasons prior to this one. Now if only that were possible for games during the '90's, or even better yet, the '80's! Still, far better than just a couple of seasons worth. There are some groovy Rockets games buried in there. Even games involving other teams, if you have the "any team" option. :cool:

xiki likes this.