1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amico: LeBron would not have come back to play for loser GM who made Cavs toxic by threatening trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/amico-cleveland-cavaliers-locker-room-123023025.html

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. Mr Chuck Norris

I don't think morey is that bad...To outright say, play well or i'll trade you. Thats cruel

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Do you think LeBrons leadership would have been enough to keep Bynum's head straight?

Kyrie
    Dion
    LeBron
    Love
    Bynum

To bad Bynum doesn't seem to care about basketball nowadays.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm sorry when did Morey go into the locker room and tell any player "If you don't get your act together, I'm going to trade you"??

I know what you are getting at here Carl, and its pretty sad you are sinking this low to give Morey a low blow by comparing the Rox/Morey situation to the 13/14 Cavs/Grant situation AS TOLD BY AMICO.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He came back to play for a LOSER owner who called him a coward.

LeBron has a short memory.

Did he have too many chicks on the side in Miami and had to be forcibly removed? That's the other side ofthe equation that nobody has commented on yet.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No amount of leadership can keep a man's knees straight.

Do you even get what YOU are getting at here?

#7 Carl Herrera, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The bottom line is that one of the most incompetently run franchises in the league lucked out because Lebron happened to grow up close to their city. It wasn't great GM work that got them where they are now by their current or former GMs. It was being terrible enough to have a chance to earn so many first over all picks and getting lucky that Lebron grew up near by. They get credit for doing enough to sell Lebron on coming back, but it was clearly something his agent and family were helping sell.

Even after that luck you can argue they over paid for Kevin Love. Two first overall number one picks for a guy who is going to leave his current team no matter what and wants to come to your team? Who were they bidding against? Warriors weren't giving up Thompson, Rockets no longer had Parsons to trade, who else was even in the mix? Seems to me they could have offered Waiters, Bennett and Young and still been far and away the best offer the Wolves would get. Unless the Cavs think Waiters is a better fit than Wiggins?

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hmm, LeBron doesn't like a GM who (1) obtains assets, (2) trades bad players, and (3) keeps a loser coach. Hmm...

He must have read CF.net a lot. :grin:

10. hehlol

hehlol Member

Did anyone else notice lebron can opt out and become a free agent after this season? Love can also do the same.

All i hope is some team rises to the challenge and beats them in the ecf or second round. I just dont think any team can with the state of the ec thanks to the pg injury. This would be highly likely if they were in the west....heck i would put money on them getting knocked out of the first.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Amico is no Amick. I don't even trust his Ohio sources.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is rather lebron make it to the finals again and lose.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

These small mid west town settings are pretty comfy. Lebron seems like a small town kinda guy. I drove by there and it was made up of tons of tiny motels. Cleveland area is a small city with a big name if there ever was one.