1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Sixers "looking likely" to participate in sign-and-trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Sanity2disChaos

Haaaaaa!!!! Lol! Bruh. Funny movie!!remember purposely forgetting that part!!

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

LeBron breaking down. AD often hurt. No bench. Nah.

Rudyc281 and tc0330 like this.
  3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

na. philly had a big 4 and still couldnt make it to the finals. lakers might have some great pieces, they still gotta make the chemistry work.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Did this guy say anything about JB coming here?

I'm so on the fence now

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What I’m sayin is Harden Butler and Paul with no bench or role players is worse than a lebron Davis and Kawhi with no bench or role players.

BigggReddd likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If that trio happens Id put them as the heavy favorite for sure.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The battered Rockets fan in me is now fully expecting to see the Shams/WojBomb this weekend that Jimmy Butler has agreed to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers. In fact, who he signs with doesn't even really show up in my mind's eye. I can just see it not being the Rockets.

8. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Kawhi is the wildcard here. If he does go to LAC that could be enough for Butler to follow him.

Here is the question is Butler willing to wait around for Kawhi to make a decision.

Kawhi with 4 -5 teams chasing him could take a minute.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Absolute bull s*** that the Lakers do pretty much nothing right for like 8 years, yet are going to land 3 Top 10 players. Absolute bull s***

10. biff17

biff17 Member

The reason they can land those players is The fact they have been nothing to like 8 years.

Do you want to root for a team like that?

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I feel you man. That's the first thing I thought about too, especially given the Lakers just created a max slot.

Ramo$e likes this.
  12. the shark

the shark Member

Kawhi isn't playing second fiddle to Lebron.

Also don't underestimate the power of Jerry West.

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

We’ll see

14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You guys understand that there are multiple teams that could get into the Butler sweepstakes through S&T (Knicks, Clippers, Raptors, etc.).

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's not a sweepstakes, he's not under contract. Jimmy dictates where he goes himself, nobody else. If the Sixers want to trade him to NYK he opts out and signs elsewhere.

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

You do understand that Butler chooses the team he wants to go to in a sign and trade situation

BigggReddd and sammy like this.
  17. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Butler has to agree to a sign and trade to a team. If he tells them he wants to go to houston or he walks into someones cap space they dont have a choice other than those 2

BigggReddd likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Yes, and there are actual reports out there that say he's interested in the NY teams and the Clippers. Please give me one single report or rumor that indicates Butler is interested in the Rockets...

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why isn’t he? What has he shown us to make us think he cares about stuff like that?

20. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I think Kawhi will stay in Toronto or go to the Clippers. And when that happens, I think the Lakers turn to Kyrie. With Lebron, Anthony Davis, and Kuzma, the Lakers need a PG more than another forward so I think they target and land Kyrie, maybe Kemba, not Butler. Then the question is what does Durant do if Kyrie suddenly spurns Brooklyn for the new Lake show? If this all comes to fruition, Kawhi with the Clippers definitely puts Clippers in the mix to sign Butler. If Kawhi stays in Toronto, I think it’s Philly or Houston for Butler. Long story short, Butler might be the 3rd or 4th domino to fall once free agency begins.