1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amick] Paul George "hellbent" on Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

One one side, I understand the desire to play for your child hood team you grew up idolizing.

On the other side, Paul George was one of my favorite players and now not so much.

da_juice likes this.
  2. buffalobills!!!

3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

"PG13" is no longer a franchise player. He only makes the all-star bc he's in the East which is the same reason Lowry makes the all-star. In the West I doubt he makes an all-star over Curry, Harden, Klay,KD,Kawaii, WB, or even Hayward

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Great... so all this Paul George and Magic Johnson talk means that ESPN will start their nonstop Lakers coverage.... which means I will have to see this biased monster on my television set.... as she slowly completes her metamorphosis into:

[​IMG]

Seriously, between "Ramona" and Windhorst, does ESPN just put troughs of burritos, Doritos and Herseys syrup by their desks?

:mad:

Zboy, Ramo$e, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He does know Kobe doesn't play there anymore, right?

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I completely understand PG13 wanting to go home. The Pacers are just spinning their wheels and Jim Buss is finally out of the way.

Instantaneously, the Lakers have become an attractive destination for players.

7. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

A small trickle can turn into a massive wave. This is a league where stars like to join other stars. Just having one star like PG13 makes the Lakers very attractive. PG13 doesn't have that negative Kobe reputation in the league. If he manages to recruit another star player, LA will instantly be near the top if not the no1 free agent destination. So many players train in LA in the off season.

Only thing that screws this up is crappy ownership and management. Lets go Knicks. Not.

da_juice likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The NBA is looking to add teams? I remember the light talk about Seattle but where else?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. thekad

thekad Member

Reports always pile up that [insert star player here] wants to play for the Lakers and it doesn't happen.

When has a star player maneuvered to go to one of the worst teams in the league? George would be going against a lot of precedent.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul George and the Pacers are hurtling toward a wild summer

Louka likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. thegreatdantoni

PG13 tanked the pacers postseason chances in game 1, when he didn't attack the double team at all at the end of the game. Instead he passed, and then trashed his teammate in the media for shooting.

Problem is -- after that -- you pretty much have to take the last shot. Cleveland knew this and ended them in game 4 for it.

ptR91 and francis 4 prez like this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

With the slight chance that LA becomes more attractive to Harden with PG there, I pray that George doesn't end up a Laker.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Harden is signed for two more years, and whatever this all-nba team thing that gets them even bigger contracts would be in James favor.

As for PG, him wanting out of Indy makes a ton of sense. Not sure why he'd want LA so much... other than the fact that he likes LA.
    And if he REALLY wants LA, sure he could suggest strongly a trade to LA, in which case LA loses assets (ingram, a pick, both, whatever), or he could wait another year... which is just another year in his prime "wasted" on the Pacers.

His best landing spot is clearly the Celtics. Celtics have the assets to get him, #1 seed without him, a big market. Of course Celtics battle the Lakers historically... and PG loves the Lakers.

He'd be great with the Rockets, but no way he comes here unless he STRONGLY forces his hand.

dmoneybangbang, mdoggnic and lionaire like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

If George really wants only the Lakers let him pad some empty stats in his home lottery team if that's what he wants, it means his own words about winning are fake as **** and he has no business to play for a contender.

Fwiw i still like to think this might be a way to scare unwanted teams (the Lakers are always kinda credible as a destination, especially for him) but we'll see i guess.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Also if PG wants to go to LA the Clippers are a MUCH better option. He can join forces with CP3 and i think that'd be a great combo. Too bad Griffin is a free agent because a Griffin-George trade would be a great deal probably for both teams.

18. munco

munco Member

Sounds like he grew up a die-hard Lakers fan and it's his dream to play for them. I feel bad for the Pacers and hope they can get something for him, but they're in a bad situation.

19. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

OK I'm a Laker Hater from way back. I Hate Kobe. I Hate F***head Phil. I cried when Shaq went there. I considered suicide when Rudy T went there.
    That being said, if PG won't wear A Rockets uni, let him go to LA. It is not as fun to kick the Lakers teeth in when they are so pitiful.
    I want the Lakers to get better so we can beat them like a rented mule, it's just more satisfying.

mdoggnic and Ramo$e like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lakers are getting good real fast, they have an A+ coach and now that the dumb Buss is out of the way Magic has been doing great work as GM. When they made the right pick and got Ingram over the more hyped Simmons I knew their bad days were over. U just dont know it because they tanked this year to keep their pick.

Trust me you don't want him getting paul george. He will accelerate their development by 2-3 years. I also doubt Lakers trade both Ingram and their pick for George, its more likely gonna be D'Angelo Russell for George. Why should Lakers pay a high price for George if he keeps saying he'll just play for the lakers? Pacers will have to settle for somebody like Russell or they wont get squat when PG walks.

mdoggnic likes this.