1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Skier for Hungary- Fraud or legend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Feb 22, 2018.

?

American Skier for Hungary- Fraud or legend

1. Legend

70.0%
  2. Fraud

30.0%
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So I saw a short post on this in the Olympics thread but thought it deserved its own thread.

Long story short, American wants to participate in winter Olympics and isn't good enough to represent team USA. Figures out a way to represent Hungary through a great (or great great) grandparent and games the system well enough to qualify for the Olympics by basically showing up at events with less than the specific number of people she would need to beat in order to qualify for the Olympics.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...aney-ski-halfpipe-video-average-a8218991.html

So what say you? Legend or Fraud?

2. ferrari77

3. ferrari77

I think she's a legend for this. Don't ever hate the playa, hate the game.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I say Legend

I would love to try the same thing. I'm a helluva lot better than her, I'm gonna try to qualify for Slovakia

ferrari77 likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Honestly just successfully riding down one of those giant half pipes catching 6 inches of air is quite an accomplishment -- she looked as good as Eddie the Eagle and much better than the swimmer who could barely doggy paddle one length of the pool.

It's very important that the IOC investigate this to the fullest and make sweeping changes to the rules so it never happens again. Speaking of sweeping the IOC let a freaking doping Russian errrr Olympic Athlete Curler into the Olympics only to test positive. If Russian Curlers are still doping then they all are because ice shuffle board with a big rock ain't that strenuous.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hate that she essentially made a mockery of the Olympics. This is honestly embarrassing for the IOC.
    It’s disrespectful to all of the athletes that have worked their tail off to make it to the pinnacle of their respective sport to have this woman “compete” with them.
    It’s funny from a non emotional standpoint but a disgrace to the Olympics as a whole

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Legend ... she didn't make the rules. Like a hacker trying to crack sophisticated encryption to point out flaws in a companies system, she pointed out a flaw in the IOC system.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Troll the establishment always.

10. ferrari77

They shouldn't even have been there in the first place. That OAR crap is a joke by IOC. Ridiculousness.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Legend. I can't wait to see how the philipines do in the diving contest.

12. Major

Major Member

I don't see much problem with this. People are saying that other, more qualified athletes couldn't make it because of her - and that would legitimately suck. But why weren't those athletes at all these events that didn't have enough competitors and allowed her to qualify? Seems like she went to numerous events that just didn't have enough competitors - if there's a big line of people that should have made it, seems like a few of those should have made it out to all these Olympic qualifying events and that would have prevented her from having a chance.

ferrari77 likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Bingo. She happened to be rich and smart and dedicated enough to make this happen.

Good for her.