1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Muslims vs American Christians vs Worldwide Muslims

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, May 22, 2013.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thought these findings were interesting. Would end up in D&D anyway, so might as well post it here although I'm not really arguing anything.

Link and graphics:

http://www.pewforum.org/Muslim/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-app-a.aspx

This is part of a larger study on Muslim attitudes which can also be found through the link.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The taxi driver from Pakistan I had in Palo Alto yesterday must have been a total exception then. He explained to me that the killing of Salman Taseer was of course and without a question justified because that guy "insulted the prophet".

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Ummmm. Yes. This is where one usually inserts the line about anecdotes, plurals, and data...

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Ghazi Malik Mumtaz Qadri, Killer of Taseer Showered with Rose Petals, Lauded Before Court

Clearly, this guy is reflecting the sentiment of at least a large part of the Pakistani population. 500 Islamic scholars issued a fatwa after the murder that leading Taseer's funeral would be a sin.

The same taxi driver also said that the USA and Israel are behind any bombing in Pakistan, it would not make sense that Muslims would kill each other, clearly, the USA and Israel must be behind this.

Keep in mind that this guy is making his money in the USA.

I didn't start the political discussion with him, by the way. I just listened.

#4 AroundTheWorld, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  5. rhadamanthus

Quite possible. Pakistan is a ****hole. And ****holes seem to attract dumbass muslims with an axe to grind.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What baffled me was that this guy was absolutely convinced of the things he said although he lived in an amazing place like Silicon Valley, and appeared to have been living there for some time already (he had the typical beard and all and more hair coming out of his ear than most people would have even as a moustache, but didn't seem like he just came off the boat or anything) - and still, the brainwashing was so strong that he would say things like that.

If living in beautiful California, and even Palo Alto, doesn't open your eyes to reality at least a bit, then that's sad.

7. rhadamanthus

Interested in your take on Stockholm's riots. Reports seem to indicate the anger is stemming from ethnic conflict, particularly the treatment of ethnic minorities. I'm not sure how much of that to believe, honestly.

I'm in Italy at the moment on business, and yesterday evening I was watching a man on the news blaming the "multicultural experiment". His argument was similar to this previous thread, and particularly your first post therein (i.e., not that multiculturalism is impossible, but rather that it is only possible if the idea is "integration" into the existing society...).

8. rhadamanthus

Meh, that's hardly unique. People believe all sorts of crazy stuff. A close family member of mine bought a 50 pound bag of beans for food supply after Fox News convinced her the world was going to end or something. Hilarious.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

And a lot more harmless than agreeing with murder.

10. rhadamanthus

Not everything believed by "non-muslims" is as harmless as thinking a bag of beans will save you after WW3.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I absolutely can't stand assholes like these. If the USA is so bad compared to the ****hole you are from, please feel to free to go back.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly.

DD

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

What is the definition of "Christian" in this survey? Protestants and Catholics?

14. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Couldn't agree with this more. Tired of the assholes that want to live here but constantly bash this country and say that their views are better. If you hate this country so bad, then leave.

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Well this thread got sidetracked quickly.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Never trust a guy with ear hair.

17. bucket

bucket Member

Yes, that is what the facts say.

Btw, did you split the cab with Tom Friedman?

1 person likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The facts say that 19 % of US Muslims say that terror and murder in the name of Islam (suicide bombings) are sometimes justified.

That would be anywhere between 250,000 and 800,000 people (depending on which count of US Muslims is correct).

19. bucket

bucket Member

Not 19%, 13%. Roughly one in eight. That's what's called an exception.

I'd be curious to see what percentage of Americans in general believe attacks against civilian targets are justified to defend American interests.

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Taliban Condemn Pink Balloons As “Un-Islamic”…

[​IMG]

Everything is un-Islamic to these cavemen.

Via Al Jazeera: