1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Horror Story: Roanoke--Season 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Anyone else following AHS season 6? I have to say I literally jumped out of my seat in one of last nights scenes! I love this season! Fresh new idea, and plenty of blood, gore, and suspense! Definitely filling my need for cheap scares!!!

2. conquistador#11

I quit after season 2. Then in the other upcoming shows to watch thread, someone said it had changed so I gave it a try. Watched it for two episodes and it felt the same to me, old house haunted. It gets better? the manpigboar did look freaky in vhs video.

3. Falcons Talon

I didn't get drawn into AHS until season 3: Coven. Season 4 was a letdown for me, never even finished it, and I didn't really give season 5 a try. However, for season 6, the biggest difference is that the season is broken up into two parts. The first half (5 episodes) is essentially a documentary about what a couple experienced at a haunted home they bought. The second half (episodes 6-10) in a nutshell is a reality show revisiting the haunted house.
    I'm spoilering the link where that quote came from because there is a HUGE spoiler in it that actually came from the show itself. I don't know why the producers chose to drop that spoiler. IMHO, that should have never been put into the show.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm back watching after missing the last two seasons. I like how they made it into a tv show. The story is just ok to me. I really just want to know how all the seasons and characters connect already.

1st season is still the best.
    2nd season was crazy and still makes little sense to me.
    I really enjoyed season 3. a lot of people hate that season.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I was a fan until the freak show and the hotel seasons. Too weird and just wasn't my thing. I didn't even get past 3 or 4 episodes before tuning out.

I wasn't even going to bother with this season, but the Roanoke twist does interest me. I've always been intrigued by that story going back to first learning about it in elementary school.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I are onboard after giving up on last season a few episodes in. We'd watched every other season all the way through, this season it better and the "huge" twist wasn't that surprising but it's nice that they are taking a different approach to the season.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked the first two season a lot. I didn't like the Coven one or the Freak Show very much. The Hotel one was okay in parts and ended up being disappointing. I am enjoying this season. There are some minor annoyances but mostly it's good.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

I think the best thing about this show is that there's at least 1 season of it that will appeal to someone even if you dont like the others. I'm partial to Freak Show myself.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Falcons Talon

Best knee jerk scare in a LOOOONG time in episode 6. My GF and I both jumped. She shreeked!!! I think I even let out a small manly scream.

#9 Falcons Talon, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    GRENDEL likes this.
  10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

same here. Never finished freakshow and the hotel lost me early. I will say Roanoke has been very good thus far.

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. GRENDEL

I was waiting for it but my wife literally jumped off the couch........it was a well timed jump scare.......

12. GRENDEL

Freakshow was a chore to finish for us. Hotel, it was just too weird and didn't engage us at all, gave up a few episodes in even though the wife is a big Gaga fan......

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was the one who identified it in the shows to watch thread.

This season has been my favorite, followed closely by one. Two was pretty good. Coven was okay. The rest sucked.

This season is great though.

DreamShook and Falcons Talon like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought this season has been ok; it's only after episode 6 I turned the corner. I'm really enjoying this realty/docu-series twist. I really like they brought back a little levity in episode 6 too; this show can be too heavy some times.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I started out liking Freak Show season. But when they kept singing David Bowie songs as if they were songs of the time, it was so damned annoying, I couldn't take it. It really tainted every other part of the show for me.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep. This is what ruined it for me too.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't even remember if i finished it or not - I was really done when they killed the little Indian lady. So much of that season was pointless
    I think onces they unmasked the clown the show went off the rails. . . . hell that whole green mist halloween thing was stupid as sh*t

Hotel maybe got three episodes in before I ejected
    so I have been very skeptical about even trying this season

Rocket River

cdain3 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol this season is insane.

19. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Do I need to watch season 5 at all or just jump in to season 6. I stopped halfway through clown season.

20. Falcons Talon

No spoilers. I DVR'ed it. Going to watch it tonight drinking micheladas.

Snow Villiers likes this.