1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon: Subscribe & Save

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by peleincubus, Sep 15, 2016.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Unless I'm mistaken I thought in the past when you used this function upon initially setting it up the product was shipped to you right away. After the item was shipped I would typically cancel the subscribe & save, if I only needed one of the item.

I have set an order today for a bag of protein powder that went down in price. But the soonest date I can get it shipped is September 23rd.

The question I have is. If this protein goes back up to its normal price in the next day or two will I get the price I just ordered it as or will I be charged the price that the item is on the 23rd?

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm seriously not trying to be rude, but why didn't you just ask Amazon's chat support? They would have been able to give you an answer just as fast, and a lot more likely to be accurate.

As far as I know, whatever price was there when you ordered is locked in. You should ask Amazon though.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You're right I didn't think about chat. I tried to google it and read conflicting statements.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I think you're right on the price lock... But amazon chat/feature for them to call you when free will be best answer. Let us know what you find out... I've been thinking of using it for the discount

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Meant for peleincubus* if you contact. I've seen all kinds of wrong information on amazon posted.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Hope it works out!

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think the price is locked in at whatever you ordered. I know they won't make you pay more if the price goes up, but maybe they'll charge you less if the price goes down.

I use subscribe and save every month for coffee beans. When sales are had on something I want I'll add them to the S&S if possible and just cancel my subscription after they're sent. Ordering 5 items changes the discount from 5% to 15%. Not a lot, but if you're going to buy the crap anyway... might as well save a few bucks.

1 person likes this.
  8. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

You're locked in at the price when you initially set up the subscription for your first shipment only. But going forward you'll be charged whatever the price is set at for any subsequent shipments.

I don't remember S&S ever shipping immediately. They give you a few weeks to add more items before the first shipment to meet the threshold to get 15% off.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They definitely used to ship them out when you placed your order, not wait a month.

I assume they changed it to discourage the immediate order and cancellation of the subscription.

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This is exactly the reason. People were subscribing to get the discount, and then cancelling the subscription after receiving the first shipment. They can still do so obviously, but the chances are likely much less.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This post got me this rep, which made me legit lol:

First: yes I am cheap. Sorry brehs, I put a lot into savings and leave myself very little money to work with. So I try to stretch that as much as I can.

Second: being cheap isn't the only thing I post about. I have thousands of worthless one-liner posts about stupid **** that have nothing to do with saving money.

Third: I've actually turned down two higher paying jobs in the past two years (for various reasons that no one will care about and I don't feel like typing).

Lastly: I won't stop. Please put me on ignore if I'm ruining your CF experience. There's 0% chance you'd be the first to do that, so no problem there.

Even more lastly: grow a pair and stop trying to hide from even your anonymous internet identity. There's no way I know who you are in real life anyway, so why hide your CF username? I promise that I don't care enough about you to take it personally.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Did you turn down another Hunger Games movie to do something indie?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rampart 2

This time it'll be interesting, I swear!

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So now with the new layout I know it was FTW Rockets FTW who left me the anonymous rep.

You didn't need to make it anonymous. It's fine. Nothing you said was particularly bad.

(All praise the end of anonymous reps!)