1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Smile

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Aug 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Anyone else aware of this? Apparently, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to whatever charity you want if you log in at smile dot amazon dot com.

I've been shopping at Amazon for YEARS and usually put in about 8 orders a month - how have I never heard of this?

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Prime member for years, I've never heard of this.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've been using it for about a couple of years now. Every time I login to Amazon it asks me if I want use the Smile login page (with pre-selected charity) or regular page. It's a great feature, but I don't think Amazon advertises it heavily since it cuts from their bottom line.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Just FYI, you can also check for your child's PTO if you want, a lot of times it's listed as a charity.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Didn't know...nice.

I thought the topic was about the stupid box logo that doubles as a symbol for A->Z

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

The charity I chose recently told us how amazing this Smile program was for them. They recently received a nice check from Amazon!

7. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Weird. I've known since I became a prime member 2 years ago. Also usually when I log on to amazon (not smile) it reminds me to go to smile if I want some to go to charity. I still sometimes forget & buy it on the regular site :/

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

There is a chrome extension that automatically takes you to Smile.amazon.com

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Finally a chance to give back to my favorite charity

[​IMG]

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

^Just finished watching that episode.