1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Prime Day 2018

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

When they had the first Prime Day in 2015, the most popular item was the InstaPots, thought it was going to be a fad, boy was I wrong....

Haven't come across anything yet, but did buy the $20 Firestick for my parents' room

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

smile.amazon is up

got that air fryer. I'm done now.

#22 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  3. jsingles

jsingles Member

What a load of crap

boomboom likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Great deal. I wish I needed a pair.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Target had a massive glitch last night where you could stack I believe up to 8 15% off codes on a single order.

I ended up walking out with a Nintendo Switch for $150~. Prime Day sux.

Dave2000 and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Nice. I was only able to stack 5 of them. I was still happy with my haul.

65" Samsung 4K UHDTV
    Nintendo Switch
    9 Switch games
    Keurig
    Two Nest thermostats
    Assorted household items

They canceled two other Nintendo Switches I had shipped and a few games, but I'm happy with what I could get. I spent about $1500 last night which was about $3000 in items. Nothing I really needed but can't argue with stuff I'd like for half off.

RedRedemption likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Speaking of massive glitch, I got $500 worth of diapers for free on Amazon this weekend. Somehow I could stack 2 45% coupons with a 20% subscribe and save discount, and somehow it came to zero.

Hasn't been cancelled yet!

jsingles and RedRedemption like this.
  8. RedRedemption

I didn't even expect it to be honored, yet I still went for something realistic + believable lol. I should have went all out. Looks like everyone that tried to pickup and didn't act like a suspicious moron during pickup ended up walking out with their orders.

Target lost a lot of money last night lol.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  9. RedRedemption

This is like the greatest weekend in the history of deals.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Haha, I know, you should have. My first order was a single Nintendo Switch that I only stacked 3 coupons on. Once it went through, I was shocked.

Then I went to grab my wife's phone and get her coupons. I started adding more things and it seemed like there was no limit. So I woke her up and told her to add anything she wanted to the cart. We could always change our mind and return it but we had to take advantage of it now while it lasted.

I was so anxious going to bed because I expected it to get canceled. I couldn't miss work so I had to wait until my lunch break. Got the e-mails ready for pickup to my surprise. Lunch came around and I drove to the two stores to grab my things. The guy picking up after me saw my haul and asked if I got the big discount, too. Some things shipped, the big ticket items that weren't in stock at the store got canceled. Oh well, still happy with what I got.

Deals like that only happen every few years. Hope you can get one some day! A Switch for half off is still pretty good!

RedRedemption likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Gadget fatigue.

12. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I managed to pick up a NES Classic from the amazon treasure truck. Not really a deal, but they're hard to find and I'm pretty pumped about it.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They had lot of them at walmart a few weeks ago.