1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alternatives to eBay, CL, Amazon...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Recently won a BNIB 2TB Xbox One S from Gamestop, through watching one of their livestreams on Twitch, but I have no use for it, as I already have a PS4.

So I got to thinking about how I can sell the Xbox yet not lose that much in fees. Talked to a couple of friends, and some suggested apps like VarageSale, Letgo and Bonanza.

Being that it's BNIB, I really don't want to take a huge loss by trading it in to Gamestop or Bestbuy. I know eBay takes 10% (Paypal, 3%), Amazon looks like it'll take 15% (crazy!), and I've never used Craigslist before, but I've heard it's sketchy.

Have any of CFers used the aforementioned apps (Letgo, etc) to sell things? If so, what's worked? What hasn't?

Lastly, if anyone is interested in the Xbox, I posted it in the "Hot Deals / Classified" section.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hmm, don't really wanna pay money unless I actually sell my item. I messed around with placing an ad in Greensheet just now, and it looks like they charge $0.30 a word. Which is not preferred, haha.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How much are you willing to Letgo of that Xbox S... I'm willing to bite on a good deal maybe.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Check out OfferUp.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I've used the Letgo and 5mile apps a few time. Free and fairly painless. You'll have to shift through a lot of low offers but if you are patient you'll get what you are looking for moneywise, as long as it's reasonable.

ramotadab likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Backpage

Sadat X likes this.
  9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

;););)

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Link to thread on CF: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/2-tb-xbox-one-s-brand-new-in-box.280038/

Asking 400 obo. I live in Katy, so if you're interested, hope it's not too far of a drive.

I'll give those a shot. I've already seen a troll on Letgo; asked 400 obo, and he (unverified by Letgo standards) offered me 650 lmao

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah, it like craigslist unfortunately where you have to sift through some of that crap but just be patient, I sold a computer and old flat screen on there, took a while to get someone who actually followed through but it was all good when its all said and done.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Thanks for the help, @GRENDEL! :)

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

Offerup and 5mile are legit I have a sold a bunch of stuff on there.