1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alleged rift in Patriots organization

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by LHSPanther62, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I had the same questions at the time. I was surprised they couldn't get more for him, but I didn't know the contract details at the time and I thought JG was gone for sure (or something).

This report uses an anonymous source close to Belichick saying he wants to coach the Giants.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...opening-coach-giants-source-article-1.3739643

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for something like this to occur, if there is indeed a rift there.

How many people do you have in your professional life who you've been around as long as Brady, Kraft, and Belichick have been around each other that you've gotten along with swimmingly the entire time? I'm guessing the number is pretty low, and with football being a profession that rewards keeping crazy hours and maintaining relative horse blinders on the task at hand, I think those three probably spend more time dealing with each other than your average work relationship dictates.

Plus, honestly, as hard as it may be to believe from an outsider's perspective, winning like they have probably gets boring, and furthermore, becomes a burden. Maybe these are relationships that hit their expiration date five years ago, but the participants have held on because logic is telling them that they can't leave while continuing to have this level of success.

5. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

the patriots have been successful for so long because of “The Patriot Way”. Moves like getting rid of Seymour, mankins, Jamie Collins and countless others seemed crazy at the time but worked out. If Bill in fact was forced to get rid of garapolo to appease Brady by orders from Kraft then I could see a possible rift between Belichick and ownership. Belichick has been able to be so successful because of having total team control. Kraft forcing bill to make a bad business move to appease a vertersn player is very un-patriot like.

raining threes likes this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So who is mad at who here? Brady and Bill vs Kraft?

7. Fantasma Negro

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

Allegedly Bill is mad that Kraft forced him to trade Jimmy via pressure by Brady