1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All these journalists are a joke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

2017 - Westbrook is amazing, he is better than Harden and he is making history

2017- Harden & Cp3 can never work together - they proceed to win 65 games

2018- OKC is the biggest threat to the warriors, they are better than Houston

2019- Westbrook will not be guarded in the playoffs. Westbrook and Harden can never work together

Just unreal

Riz, don grahamleone, Tfor3 and 21 others like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Sounds like 15% of this board

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

lol you just realizing this now? welcome to reality bruh bruh

5. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Lol they gotta talk about something

6. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

More like 50%

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

My frustration with the media is the HUGE bias towards the bigger markets, primarily Los Angeles, Anytime a big name player becomes a free agent, the first thing they say is "his best option is the Lakers" or "the Lakers are clearly the best fit". That and the obvious Lebron nuthuggin they do daily

ClutchFam and IBTL like this.
  8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

We've been saying this for years.... You shoulda stopped caring long ago.

charlieaustin likes this.
  9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

This is spot on. NY Knicks literally linked to everyone. And have literally gotten no one.

tmoney1101 and ClutchFam like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

agreed. It was before lebron too.
    All that espn and all the sports radio that has a national presence is a huge propaganda arm and focus around the lakers. To be fair they are immensely popular there and all sports play secomlnd fiddle including nfl.
    Clips should move to seattle or las vegas but they get enough people in la. La doesnt deserve the clips.

But agreed it is tiring.

Listening to la radio after they got kwahi was absolute gold. It sounded like a funeral these jokers were literally sad that they got kwahi and paul george on clips. They would have rather had clips suck and lakers be lopsided superteam. They are all ok with that and remember if they had it their way it would be lakers as globetrotters and rest of the league as the generals.

Every single player will be linked to lakers and every single conversation is framed around how will this hurt or help lakers.

They try to be national and unbiased but its about as over the top as 610 is for texans.

11. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I think that a lot of Houston sports fans are so quick to lose their minds over slights (real or perceived) that they've become known as easy click-bait for these journalists and their websites.

We are money for these people. Pure & simple.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

this was pretty clear even during the later stages of hakeem years. back then I used to like stuart scott, but after his passing there isn't anyone worth watching.

13. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Rip the great scott

Jontro likes this.
  14. pippsux

pippsux Member

Also Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen and young Overman...... Golden era of ESPN

15. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

So if in some alt universe, the Rockets somehow obtained Steph instead of Russ, would the media and NBA quickly turn on Curry? Would we hear the same crap about how it will never work, or would the Rockets finally get some encouraging publicity?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's a James Harden thing.
    They could have brought in anyone and they'd say "It's not gonna work."

"Chris Paul, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "Jimmy Butler, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "Russell Westbrook, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "Kawhi Leonard, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "Anthony Davis, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "LeBron James, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "Kevin Durant, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "Stephen Curry, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."
    "Giannis Antetokounmpo, I don't see how it's gonna work. Don't fit. Not a good fit. Bad pairing."

Deuce, lionaire, Wooderson and 2 others like this.
  17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

just 1 ball

don grahamleone, lionaire and topfive like this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"Morey just brought in Jesus Christ, Son of God, on a vet minimum on contract. I just don't see how he's going to fit. Sure he and James both have beards but I just don't see it."

lionaire, Wooderson, topfive and 2 others like this.
  19. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Broussard - (just received a text from Durant himself (it wont work)

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we've been the NBA's heel for a while now. anyone that comes here has turned heel as well. its the storyline.

there's no other team that they would argue rus was a bad fit. if he went to miami with butler they are contenders. if we went to the bucks with giannis they are the favorites. if he went to the lakers with lebron they are contenders. with the clippers and kawhi, contenders. with steph, great fit and contenders. with davis, great fit and contenders. with towns, great fit and contenders. with blake/drummond, contenders, with jokic, tripple double brothers and contenders.

... with harden, terrible fit, could implode.