1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

All-Star-quality playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Will, May 23, 2000.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

And I don't mean that as a compliment. Am I just getting old and cranky, or are NBA players starting to treat the playoffs like the All-Star game? Lakers-Blazers game #2 looked exactly like the AS game: back-and-forth coast-to-coast drives and long jumpers designed to make the highlight reels rather than score efficiently; shamefully lax defense and rebounding; needless turnovers caused by teammates freelancing instead of running their plays; and a generally lackadaisical attitude about playing casually, playing badly, and losing.

After Game 1, Shaq bragged to NBC about reliably hitting 1 of every 2 free throws. In Game 2, the Lakers came within 3 seconds of chalking up a 6-point quarter. That's one basket every four minutes, from what is supposedly the best team in the league.

Is $10M a year not enough for these guys? Is $20M not enough? Is the NBA championship not enough of an incentive? Are they holding out for stock options in God? Or do they just not care about anything anymore?

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Thats what hapens when the Rockets arent in the playoffs.

crap.

Can I get in on some of that God action?

OH!

kind of funny though. The extremes of Lakers/Blazers and Knicks/Heat basketball.

makes you wonder.
    Hmmmm.

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

(Hmmm... what can I say that will really infuriate Will...?)

I bet they all got rich on Internet IPOs.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Tell me you're writing your post on a Palm Pilot while driving and talking on your cell phone. That really gets my blood boiling.

Or maybe just show me a chart of Scottie Pippen's stats in last year's playoffs compared to this year's.

5. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Sorry, Will, I'll get back to you in a minute. Traffic on this highway is a b****, so I'm driving my SUV on the median to make some time.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Will, you could've just pointed out that John Salley was on the court last night in a playoff game, and left it at that.

Or how 'bout the fact that 2 players on the court last night were cut by the Rockets prior to this season?

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's just hilarious."

-Faith No More