1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Les Alexander Team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jul 18, 2017.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Which 12 players make your All-Les Alexander Team?

Here's my list:
    PF Thorpe
    SF McGrady
    C Olajuwon
    SG Harden
    PG Francis

6 Yao
    7 Drexler
    8 Horry
    9 Barkley
    10 Maxwell
    11 Artest
    12 Battier

DL Motiejunas

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of dudes were there before Les
    And were under the Charlie Thomas and Steve Patterson era

Caesar, MorningZippo and napalm06 like this.
  3. lnchan

May have been acquired by Charlie Thomas but Les was still the boss of Dream, Max, Horry, and Thorpe

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

wow dog you got it...

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

i promise when i deactivate your t1 unit in real life, you will be jiggin for me 24/7... now run around and find a mod...

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wouldn't Chris Paul be PG though?

Perki-Perk likes this.
  7. lnchan

Patterson and Dream butted heads. Dream wanted out bc ownership and management pre Les accused him of taking injuries.

8. Coach E

Coach E Member

If it's only players acquired while he was here, would be.

Yao
    McGrad
    Artest
    Harden
    Paul

9. lnchan

He hasn't played a game yet... one or two seasons for this list to change.

10. lnchan

This is like not counting Bagwell and Biggio as part of the McLane era... if they played a season for Les, it counts.

Dream played 6-7 years under Les. Horry all but one in Houston... so are we discrediting the Championship years as not Les?

11. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

PG - Harden
    SG - Drexler
    SF - Horry
    PF - Thorpe
    C - Olajuwon

Reserves: Cassell, Barkley, Francis, McGrady, Yao, Howard, Paul

These are the 12 players (and roster moves) that, like them or not, defined the Les Alexander era.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

The people that Les Acquired

C-yao /deke
    Pf barkley/dmo
    Sf artest/battier/mcgrady
    Sg Harden mobley
    Pg sam cassell/kyle lowry

13. lnchan

I am starting to think the people posting only players that Les acquired were born after 1993.

Thank you for no one naming Lin and Parsons.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol..... I cannot believe there is no Love for Scola. At 27 he was pretty good. All Decades team?

Horry was good but young, he made his name when he went to the other championship teams.

And Kenny Smith was a championship type PG of both championships (7 threes against Orlando in the Finals)......Sam Cassell a good rookie.

Artest was a 1 year rental. Steve Francis put up good numbers but he won nothing and wasn't the most outstanding passer or shooter.

Chris Paul
    Harden
    McGrady
    Scola
    Olajuwon

Drexler
    Yao
    Thorpe
    Kenny
    Cassell
    Elie
    Horry
    Battier
    Maxwell
    Francis

Put in Kenny for starting minutes because of shooting.

#14 daywalker02, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Les bought in July 1993, after we drafted Cassell. Maybe he bought the Rockets *because* of Cassell.

And is Dmo a joke, or you just don't like Scola? Hell, Patrick Patterson is better than DMo. And Ryan Anderson *ducks*

#15 heypartner, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    tinman likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

I GIVE LES ZERO CREDIT FOR THE FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP.

EVIDENCE:

Patterson chronology

1976-1983 -- Begins Rockets career as part-time worker in ticket sales and other areas.

1984 -- After earning a law degree from the University of Texas, joins his father, Rockets president and general manager Ray Patterson, in the front office as counsel to the president and marketing director.

1986 -- Takes control of the team's business operations, installing a computer system to handle ticketing, accounting and player personnel operations.

Feb. 12, 1989 -- After accepting Houston's bid coordinated by Patterson, NBA holds its All-Star Game at The Summit.

Sept. 11, 1989 -- Named at age 32 as the Rockets' general manager, succeeding his father in that role and becoming the youngest GM in the NBA.

Sept. 27, 1990 -- Acquires point guard Kenny Smith from Atlanta along with Roy Marble for Tim McCormick and John Lucas.

Feb. 21, 1990 -- Acquires starting guard Vernon Maxwell from San Antonio Spurs for an undisclosed amount of cash.

June 27, 1990 -- Trades the rights to Alec Kessler to Miami for the rights to Dave Jamerson and Carl Herrera.

July 2, 1990 -- Signs guard Sleepy Floyd to four-year contract; Floyd is released after the 1992-93 season.

Sept. 3, 1991 -- Negotiates three-year contract with top draft choice John Turner, who fails to stick with the Rockets.

Oct. 23, 1991 -- Signs Kenny Smith to five-year contract.

Feb. 18, 1992 -- Fires Rockets coach Don Chaney and names Rudy Tomjanovich as interim head coach.

March 23, 1992 -- Suspends center Hakeem Olajuwon without pay, claiming he has failed to play when physically able to do so. Olajuwon claims he is suffering from a hamstring injury and is unable to play, and suggests he is unsure if he wants to play for the Rockets if Patterson remains as general manager.

May 20, 1992 -- Names Tomjanovich as head coach.

June 24, 1992 -- Despite a chorus of boos from The Summit fans, makes the decision to draft forward Robert Horry, who goes on to become a productive forward in his rookie season.

March 15, 1993 -- Olajuwon signs a four-year extension with the Rockets worth $25.4 million that places him under contract with the team through 1999.

July 30, 1993 -- Rockets owner Charlie Thomas completes the sale of the team to businessman Les Alexander.

Aug. 30, 1993 -- Alexander fires Patterson as Rockets general manager.

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs and Zboy like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers helping us all remember the truth.

Mazulis likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

If your mom divorces your dad in year one, your stepdad is still not your real dad.

I lived through the Charlie Thomas and Steve Patterson era, I give LES NO CREDIT.

Les has taken our championship colors and changed them to crap logos and uniforms . The new owner should restore our heritage again.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

This is why Les plastered his face on the championship murals.

New owner needs to remove hm off the murals and put Steve Patterson and Charlie Thomas there.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

we dont have to live anymore on your bs, not anymore. i had a death and we dont have to read your terminator commits on how houston should be after the storm. you and your wife only rock the garm for 1999 scottie pippen fans. I just done better **** with my life like gone to a movie, eat pinapple in las vegas, visit whaterburger on friday night with my gf.

Mazulis likes this.