1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All hope is not lost....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11206, Jul 4, 2018.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

No reason to bring the entire house down, Fegen makes a good point as last year at this point we were happy because we signed the best free agent in the entire free agent class and pulled out Mbah a Moute by mid July along with Tucker. You could say that last year we had the best Free Agency in the entire league and by a good margin. Morey has consistently made big moves for us which I think is not needed this year, i mean you all remember what happened when we reached the WCF in 2015 and added what everyone here felt was the savior in Ty Lawson right?? I think Cp3 is a huge addition because he adapts to what we need whether it be a lock down defender, 3 point shooter and even an iso player. He makes us better than the sum of our parts which is what was seen in this year's WCF. I think the talent is already there but all that is needed is some pieces here and there like LBM and a potential sharp shooter with him and I don't see how don't put up a solid fight next year provided we are healthy. I like many of you think GS is all time great, but how can it be a fluke that when you add the regular season and playoffs together with both teams relatively healthy we were 5-3 vs them. I'm just confused as to what we are all kind of waiting for if a great deal comes so be be it but as for now I think you have to bring capela and 1-2 other solid sharp shooter type guys and we are good to go. None of us thought PJ Tucker or Gerald Green were going to be any semblance of snipers but they became it here, thats what happens when you play with JH and CP3. We are okay my fellow rockets fans

2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Didn’t read... but I agree not all is lost.

topfive likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Paragraphs are your friends.

jch1911, Cash Cam, R0ckets03 and 5 others like this.
  5. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just pray that Warriors finally get unlucky for once and have 4 of their 5 all-stars all injured when playoffs start.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hope is not lost...just delayed. FA is not the full answer.

Wait for trade deadline.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

All hope is lost unless we add another significant piece..

Hopefully Demarcus cousins means more 2 pointers and less 3s

9. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

it really isn't guys, demarcus for them is a wash and the reason I say that is I think he will make their offense better because the guy can flat out pass the ball which does hurt but defensively with an achilles to be guarding harden and Cp3 on a switch will hurt them a lot causing help to come and then you have an open corner 3. The name of the game is the same as last year, get to the WCF and just roll the dice there and see what happens. Getting another 3 and D guy is needed and a spot up shooter

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No reason to bring the entire house down, Fegen makes a good point as last year at this point we were happy because we signed the best free agent in the entire free agent class and pulled out Mbah a Moute by mid July along with Tucker.

You could say that last year we had the best Free Agency in the entire league and by a good margin.

Morey has consistently made big moves for us which I think is not needed this year, i mean you all remember what happened when we reached the WCF in 2015 and added what everyone here felt was the savior in Ty Lawson right??

I think Cp3 is a huge addition because he adapts to what we need whether it be a lock down defender, 3 point shooter and even an iso player.

He makes us better than the sum of our parts which is what was seen in this year's WCF.
    I think the talent is already there but all that is needed is some pieces here and there like LBM and a potential sharp shooter with him and I don't see how don't put up a solid fight next year provided we are healthy.

I like many of you think GS is all time great, but how can it be a fluke that when you add the regular season and playoffs together with both teams relatively healthy we were 5-3 vs them.

I'm just confused as to what we are all kind of waiting for if a great deal comes so be be it but as for now I think you have to bring capela and 1-2 other solid sharp shooter type guys and we are good to go.

None of us thought PJ Tucker or Gerald Green were going to be any semblance of snipers but they became it here, thats what happens when you play with JH and CP3.

We are okay my fellow rockets fans.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

thank you my friend

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  12. Coach E

Coach E Member

It’s over.

We don’t have space or trade assets. We’re a great team but we can’t compete with GS now.

Look ahead next year, same thing.
    Two years from now our cap will have some room but not much.

13. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

@Coach E we were right at the cap last year as well and we got CP3, cmon man it's not over by a long shot. If it's Demarcus Cousins you are worried about, its really an overreaction. When ever has an player come back mid season on top of which coming from an achilles tear been remotely good? We have Cp3 for a few seasons and with Harden it's tough to believe we can't get something done when we always have in the past in similar situations.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its still a great news though...you can go right now and bet all of your possessions on gsw winning the title

ps and this is the wrong thread for posting that . should of posted in, dont have the link right now, but its called the Chicken little something

15. jman255

jman255 Member

Makes it hard for me to believe that the whiners really watch basketball...

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think this coming year. . . the Rockets will be bigger players at the Trade Deadline
    I think moving Ryan will be easier because it is only a year and half
    plus I think he will be showcased to be at least competent
    Some teams will start playing for the lotto by then

Rocket River