1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Eyez On Me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by slcrocket, Dec 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Is there a better hip-hop album out there? I keep fairly up with the mainstream music at the present (I know, there's my problem), but wow--I just sat down and listened to the album all the way through, and it's been a long time since anybody put out anything nearly this good. Will hip-hop ever get back to this kind of quality?

Just my two cents. :)

2. Poloshirtbandit

I'm a Pac fan, but honestly the album isn't that great to me. Me Against the World is way better imo.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I agree. Me Against the World is his best imo. R U Still Down prolly his best since he died, damn good album. Do For Love, one of the best songs nobody ever heard about.

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

There is:

[​IMG]

I agree about R U Still Down -- other than Makaveli, that's the best after his death.

5. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

It's a great album but I gotta agree with the others, "Me against the world" is his best album.

6. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Ready to die is a great album from begining to end.

7. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

Reasonable Doubt - Jay Z

college dropout - Kanye West
    Blueprint - Jay Z

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

All Eyez on Me is not even Pac's greatest album. Me Against the World holds that distinction. In my opinion, his Makaveli album was better than All Eyez on Me.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture--- my favorite verse on the album. Genius!

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

gza- liquid swords. nuff said.

(well... maybe not "nuff said"). great all the way through. fav hiphop album that i've listened to.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yep.

The Coup's Steal This Album gets a lot of love, but I was never completely sold, aside from "Me and Jesus the Pimp in the '79 Granada Last Night".

12. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Now it is not up there with Pac and Biggie albums but the album Timbaland came out with a few months ago was awesome. Shock Value was all around great.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This new **** sucks..

Rap died in '99

14. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

wu tang clan (forever)

15. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

16. surrender

surrender Member

Midnight Marauders

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Though it was entertaining and hard hitting, I can think of several albums better than All Eyez on Me. (First 3 Public Enemy albums, Adventures of Slick Rick, the Slim Shady LP off the top of my head...)

2Pac was about getting west coast credibility and widespread appeal on that album (which it VERY SUCCESSFULLY got). Its a very very good album no doubt. But I think 2Pac "purists" would say it lacked his usual range. Ironically, people he dissed on his album at one point made albums better than his imo (B.I.G- Ready to Die, Mobb Deep - The Infamous)

I think rap suffered cuz Pac and Biggie helped killed it...they were both the best AND the worst thing to happen to rap....

18. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

WORD!!! best pac album in my opinion. me against the world 2nd, all eyez on me 3rd. can't remember the rest. whichever album hit'em up is on would be good. i hate rap. but tupac and very few old school i love. modern day rap is crap. ever since tupac and biggie died, not much to cheer for. i sold my 150 rap albums a few years ago. picked up electric guitar and turned into a metal head. no regret :) but makaveli album and a few others i kept. just too classic to ignore.

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Dead Prez- Lets Get Free

For me it ranks up there with the classic 2Pac albums.

[​IMG]

20. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Nas - Illmatic
    Jay-Z - Blueprint
    Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor

Lupe and Kanye's latest efforts have proven that hip hop is alive and well. People are probably stuck in the past if you don't realize that there are great artists putting out great albums today. Take that "hip hop died in ______" somewhere else........ like to disco... :)