1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

All encompassing Coronavirus conspiracy thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, Apr 30, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ok cf what you got? What is your coronavirus conspiracy or what coronavirus theory have you heard? Why do you think it might have any merit?

There are many and no doubt Im missing some:

1) the first one I heard was multiple places talking george soros. Even my dad brought it up. I didn't read into it but since it was the first one I heard - I will start there.

2) spill ( intentionally or not hmm) at lab in wuhan in various scenarios. Trump is touting this one possibly..it spills at the lab...then shows up at wet market that is either 250 meters away or across the river a few miles. CHINA

3) usa soldiers / us gov somehow dropped it in wuhan ( this one seems to surprisingly br touted by Chinese officials.)

4) you down with 5g?

5) chinese were slow / on purpose because they want to have trump lose 2020 election since he's such a hoss and beat them on trade deal. The deal was signed on January 15 and first case was in november so I guess the chinese released it just to screw trump then still signed a crappy deal for them? Perhaps a reach but this is the one trump is touting as of april 30 2020. I predict this one will have legs and can create that "us vs them" that trump needs. Stay tuned here.

4) bill gates has the antidote vaccine and cure all wrapped up. Bills gates shenanigans. I think somehow soros ties back to this.

5) king kong jong... ill ..not so well. Coincidence? Yeah right!

6) kobe was the fabric holding all this sh*it together

7) democratic hoax

8) hoax in general crowd - "cough on me it's all good"

9) it was predicted by a psychic in 2008

10) lee harvey oswald and the single bullet theory

11) aliens and something about the lead singer of blink 182? Dang what you hitting on? Pass that ish over to me!

12 ) other? I have faith cf will not disappoint

( fwiw I think it was from animal to human at wet market as suspected due to bats/ pagolins. As widely stated.

From there the mix of it being new along with bumbling incompetence of chinese. and highly contagious. I dont doubt for a second many more died in china then stated and their pride and abject incompetence got us to here and gave the virus a nice breeding ground. To be fair the virus was new to them but more keystone cops then anything

Trump is not to " blame" he is just slow and equally incompetent and took the month of February off. No real secrets there in that. Occam razor stuff.)

Lock if posted

FrontRunner, B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Surprised there hasn’t been a good George Soros theory in awhile.

I would say Antifa but I guess the whole Antifa thing died down pretty quick when Trumpers literally decided it was cool to storm state offices with machine guns. Remember when lighting a trash can on fire in Berkeley was the fall of the Republic?

I’m also sure Biden and Hillary are secret donors to the Wuhan laboratory too. Can’t wait for that one.

Anything else I’m missing??

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All they do is project their darkest desires on their enemies or threats, then act out the same desires when they're not "heard, respected, or in control."

This has been going on for a couple decades...

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Pretty amazing how consistent that #29 is.

https://misinforeview.hks.harvard.edu/article/why-do-people-believe-covid-19-conspiracy-theories/

As conspiracy theories about COVID-19 take root in the United States, understanding the psychological foundations of conspiracy beliefs is increasingly critical. Our research shows that beliefs in two popular variants of COVID-19 conspiracy theory are the joint product of the psychological predispositions 1) to reject information coming from experts and other authority figures and 2) to view major events as the product of conspiracies, as well as partisan and ideological motivations. The psychological foundations of conspiracy beliefs have implications for the development of strategies designed to curtail their negative consequences.

RESEARCH QUESTIONS
    • How widespread are beliefs about COVID-19 conspiracy theories?
    • What psychological, social, and political factors explain COVID-19 conspiracy beliefs?
    • Can partisanship and cues from partisan leaders, such as the president, increase misinformation about COVID-19?
    ESSAY SUMMARY
    • Using a representative survey of U.S. adults fielded March 17-19, 2020 (n=2,023), we examine the prevalence and correlates of beliefs in two conspiracy theories about COVID-19.
    • 29% of respondents agree that the threat of COVID-19 has been exaggerated to damage President Trump; 31% agree that the virus was purposefully created and spread.
    • The strongest predictors of beliefs in these ideas are a psychological predisposition to reject expert information and accounts of major events (denialism), a psychological predisposition to view major events as the product of conspiracy theories (conspiracy thinking), and partisan and ideological motivations.
    • Support for Donald Trump is strongly related to the belief that the COVID-19 threat has been exaggerated, even when accounting for partisanship and ideology. This relationship is strongest among people who regularly pay attention to politics. We surmise that Trump supporters adopted this belief in response to the President’s early messaging about the virus.
    • Belief that the virus was spread on purpose is most related to conspiracy thinking and is only slightly more concentrated among self-identified Republicans and conservatives than Democrats and liberals. This is likely a consequence of the fact that only a few, less salient partisan elites have endorsed this theory.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I posted this in another thread

Trump knew about this way back when he made his cryptic Covfefe tweet that apparently meant something to "some people".

Think about it...COV to start. The symbol for Iron is Fe which he Doubled. We now have COVID. It was his 1st tweet of the day COVID-1 on 05/31 (5+3+1=9). Voila COVID-19

(Conspiracy theory copyrighted by bobrek)

FrontRunner, IBTL, B@ffled and 2 others like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Conspiracy: China just let the virus burn out through the majority of Wuhan and only families with money/ status were actually provided serious treatment -- the total death toll and cases were orders of magnitude higher.

Not really conspiracy, but areas with high particulate pollution cause the virus to spread faster because of the virus landing on and binding with the particles. The pollution causes irritation/inflammation allowing easier access for the virus.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

JADE HEEEEELMMMM

eta: the word "CONTRAIL" does not appear in this thread. Why not? What are you hiding?

#7 Buck Turgidson, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    B-Bob, RayRay10 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My dads into all of it and the stupidity just drives me mad

Some of the **** I've been hearing

5G is giving us the virus or weakening our cells making us susceptible / the virus is a mask for the symptoms felt by 5G etc etc

Bill gates is in on all of this, something population control, something vaccines = profit

Vaccines gave us Covid

Us gov / Fauci created it and released it on purpose so he could profit on the vaccines. Fauci created aids and profited off the vaccines.

This is all a scheme by all the global elites looking to take away people's freedoms, looking to track us, use the global depression as a way to make money.

Masks are killing us, it's trapping the virus in the mask and you are breathing it in and out which will kill you.

Now, I don't think it's impossible that there could be some agenda or fishy **** going on here, or especially that these trying times aren't being taken advantage of by powerful people trying to make money, trying to erode our privacy rights, I'm a very paranoid and skeptical person... but that all ends at me saying "I don't know what could be going on" ... I just don't understand when people turn from supposed "skeptics" to full-blown super believers of every single theory they see or hear, no matter how nonsensical.

You would think highly skeptical people, wouldn't just latch on to super messy random **** being pushed by clear idiots/loons on youtube/twitter.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

everyone knows the virus was contained in Hillary's email and the know antidote was in Bengazi and that's why American's had to die. The only other known cure is on Obama's birth certificate but he refuses to release it and save america.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Here's one from today. This writer seems to think Biden will name Hillary as his VP and then step aside right before the election.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/495371-as-biden-struggles-hillary-waits-for-the-call

As Biden struggles, Hillary waits for the call
    BY LIZ PEEK, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR​

Indeed, it seems clear that party officials are so worried Sanders might stage another run that they cancelled the 224-delegate rich New York State primary. They claimed the vote would have been dangerous in that epicenter of COVID-19, but since they still plan to host a primary for state and local officials, that excuse seems weak.

As the primaries roll forward, and especially with officials’ thumbs on the scales, Biden will almost certainly win the candidacy. In the absence of a brokered convention, how could Democrats replace their standard-bearer?

One idea has been to convince Biden to step aside in favor of the very popular Michelle Obama, seen as a sure bet to beat Trump. So far, though, the former first lady has reportedly rebuffed all invitations to enter the fray.

That leaves Hillary Clinton. Biden could choose Clinton as his running mate, and then step down before the election and allow Hillary to run in his place.

Clinton is the only VP candidate who would be able to pull off such a last-minute switch. She has the team, the resources and the experience to be the nominee; Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), former Georgia state Rep. Stacey Abrams and Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) do not.

Clinton is ready and eager. She is desperate to avenge her 2016 loss (which she still blames on Putin) and has pumped up her public profile to keep herself in consideration. In past months she has conducted endless interviews, promoted the uber-flattering four-part Hulu film about herself, made headlines by attacking Bernie Sanders and Mark Zuckerberg, and fired unending broadsides against President Trump.

Most recently, she joined Vice President Biden in a town hall devoted to women’s issues, during which she effusively endorsed her long-time colleague. She reminisced about their time together in the Obama administration, talked about their mutual love of Scranton, Pa., where her father grew up, and recalled meetings in the Situation Room.

In fact, Clinton talked so much about their shared history that it was easy to forget that she was endorsing Joe Biden. It almost sounded as though she were touting her own resume instead.

Maybe she was.
    (More at the Link)

FrontRunner, IBTL and VooDooPope like this.
  11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Ughhh where is the puke emoji... :(:(:(

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I forgot about pinning it all on fauci

this is my favorite. The mask is like chloroform rag holding the virus in

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The one I've been hearing a lot is that the number of deaths from COVID 19 is far less and that hospitals are deliberately mislabeling deaths from other causes to be COVID 19 for money. There was an unsubtantiated claim going around that there was a death certificate that listed COVID-19 as cause of death even though the patient came in with a knife in his back.

Some variants of this are that hospitals are in league with the media and / or the DNC.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

@IBTL Fum thread!!

Where is the Q'anon stuff? I'm really curious about this cult like movement. But I don't like google searching for it...lol.

My understanding of the Q stuff is there is a cabal of pedophiles that the elite or illuminati are a part of and Epstein was a central figure. And somehow Trump knows about this ring and was supposed to be working with Bob Mueller to expose it... Boy did that blow up...lol. And the Flynn case would expose the whole thing and prevent the consolidation of power that is to form the NWO. And of course this COVID virus is Gates' way of getting people micro chipped or biometrically marked to ID the virus carriers etc. But the real purpose is total control by the Elite.

Thing thing I'm pissed about is that I've yet to have anyone contact me to see if I wanted to get in on being in the Elite club. I at least want a brochure or something spelling out the benefits. I checked again in the mail and nothing... But I aint doing no pedo ****. I guess since they don't want me, I'll be a part of the resistance unless it's real inconvenient. I'm not doing any gun rallies. No wonder they don't want me. I'm too plucking lazy to be diabolical.

IBTL likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha maybe its the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Yeah, I guess I'm out if that's the case. Plus there's lizard people involved. I can only imagine how much more stress that would add to my life if I was expected to participate in these orgies in the woods and attend the Bilderberg events every year. And what the hell is Henry Kissinger doing in the middle of all this? Why couldn't he fade out when Nixon resigned?

IBTL likes this.
  17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

One idea has been to convince Biden to step aside in favor of the very popular Michelle Obama, seen as a sure bet to beat Trump. So far, though, the former first lady has reportedly rebuffed all invitations to enter the fray.

I just could not get past this paragraph. What is Michael Obama’s claims to fame? He has bigger package than Orange man? Lol

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

surely it's just coincidence that some of the hottest women in the world are in brazil and sweden

19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Bob Lazar. The former skunkworks engineer who claims to have seen and work to reverse engineer alien technology.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member