1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

al sharpton on CNBC now,the injustice of more blacks in prison today than were slaves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by eddiewinslow, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the best part of this thread is it was started by eddie winslow!!!!

[​IMG]

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sharpton and Jessie are paid handsomely to make you feel like a piece of crap. They want you to feel intense guilt for slavery, something you personally had no role in, and something that ended 150 years ago. They want you to think twice before you refer to somebody as "black" (err should I say African American, or person of color, etc???) because they'll be quick to label you a racist. Hell even decades later and out of context (Paula Deen). They want you to think you OWE them something, because this is what makes them money personally.

These two clowns were front and center in the whole Trayvon fiasco, and their race baiting ignited black on white violence across the nation....and guess what -- the police were right all along about Zimmerman. Idiots.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Whoa... okay.

4. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I agree we're in a race war but our president is sparking it by saying trayvon looks like his son but none of the black criminals do. It was a big F U to the media when zimmerman helped that family that was in a wreck, there went all their character assassination attempts.

I don't know why the black culture is significantly less successful than say my indian culture, but they are. Maybe its my parents circle of friends, but all are indian, all came to the US poor and didn't receive any government handouts all worked minimum wage jobs, saved up and became millionaires. Of course America was still in growth mode but still why these immigrants all succeeded and the blacks and whites didn't to as high a level I have no answers but it is odd that so many indians,pakis, and arabs all own these small businesses and make big big dollars while the blacks in particular seem to succeed at such a low rate in the business world.

Growing up in southside place there was no black kids at my private school and the neighborhood had one black guy and i remember he had a black santa in his yard at christmas, definitely making a point but look at the majority of small businesses, why are they all owned by foreigners or white people and think of how few black business owners you see and i think you can see where the racial stereotyping comes from.

It's sad but until blacks begin to fix their community from the inside out i think most of the country and world is going to treat them with the same disdain and disrespect. Is it right? No but Barack Obama is eloquent,intelligent, and successful he is what all blacks should strive to be but sadly the majority would rather be lil wayne and that's one of the big issues within their community. Barack Obama types are seen as Uncle Toms and not good role models while rappers are idolized.

1 person likes this.
  5. CometsWin

LOL. Eddie is like bigtexxx's long lost son.

6. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

where am i wrong? Jalen Rose called grant hill an uncle tom bc he wasn't a thug....yea thats what black culture is about mocking successful,respectful people how funny.

If that's funny then they can enjoy being poor because grant hill was as clyde would say a consummate professional

7. CometsWin

Is that what it's about?

8. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

you keep trying to be witty but it's a failed attempt at trolling. When the average black youth starts trying to be carlton banks the world will be a better place, they can't continue on the same path they've been on over the last 50 years bc the amount of successful black people not athletes or musicians is dismal and you and i both know that.

Go to west university,river oaks, and memorial and let me know if blacks even make up 5% of the population. They have significant room to grow but it starts at home if they really wanna be successful, my grandparents were poor but they taught my dad about hard work and sent him to the US with what little money they had so he could succeed, they put him in a spot to succeed....why can't we even get our blacks here to just finish school, go to college, graduate and get a good job? That's your million dollar question, why did my high school class have 130 kids who all met up at our 10 year reunion last year, every single one and all of us had good jobs and were on a path to succeed....not one of us dropped out and was on welfare....why is that?

9. CometsWin

Your superior genetics, culture, and work ethic?

10. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

who knows but i can tell you my parents have alot of friends who are indian and all are small business owners here in houston and very well off and none went to college they all worked hard, saved and started their own ventures. The thing i notice in our culture is teamwork, many have stories of how they lived with roommates and all saved and started businesses together. My dad and his brother own 17 gas stations and a few shopping centers, all together even today, they never went off on their own. Our culture stresses teamwork and helping relatives and not like American culture where people yell at their parents and divorce is rampant, not one of my parents friends is divorced....so yes it's a different world, but if that means success then so be it. Indian people have no shame, I have white friends who would never even consider some of these ventures. Actually when I started my ATM business I told a very good friend of mine to be my partner and I'd bring the first locations, from my family and he would help me get new ones and quit his oil and gas job, he didn't think it was gonna work and today I top $20k/month off my $2500/piece ATM machines.

Creativity and hard work is something foreigners seem to have in spades...don't ask me why

11. CometsWin

Wait, you're Indian?

12. bigtexxx

Hard work + focus on education + self-reliant support network + frugality = success. The immigrants you're describing absolutely understand the formula for success.

The reason other groups keep getting lapped by every single immigrant group that comes to the US is because they don't understand this formula.

but don't try to help them -- you'll be called racist.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think the high frequency of the issues today that face blacks (poverty, education, incarceration, drugs, etc) can be tied to “baby daddy but no father”.

• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
    • 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
    • 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
    • 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes --14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
    • 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
    • 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average. (Rainbows for All God’s Children)
    • 70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
    • 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)
    http://fallenfathers.blogspot.com/2007/03/children-without-fathers-statistics.html

Those stats above are blind of race but this one is not:

72% of black babies are born to unwed mothers.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39993685/...t/blacks-struggle-percent-unwed-mothers-rate/

But Mr Sharpton doesn’t want to address the problem because he has no answers and he hasn’t found a way to blame the white man for it.

14. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

bingo! Thanks for the stats....in the indian culture tons of people grew up poor but their parents were together, stressed education,hard work and the kids grew up successful. My mom is a neurologist and my dad owns a ton of small businesses, both grew up in miserable poverty literally slums of india both had cab driver parents and homemaker moms. For some reason only americans feel they can't move up if they start off poor.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Did you go to college?

16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

i did, I have an MBA as well from jones here in houston

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just curious. You have a very simple understanding of socioeconomic issues. Did you manage to avoid taking any social science courses?

18. bigtexxx

Stay strong. To quote Gandhi:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

This is what posters like fchowd and cometswin will try (and fail). You've struck a nerve with them -- the truth typically does that.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why, you're a regular zan tabak!

20. bigtexxx

you're knocking him for getting his MBA at UH?

Not everybody can attend a rich, private east coast university