1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akron Marketing Firm Tells LeBron He Can't Come Home Again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That city still hasn't gotten over the Jordan shot, they'll never get over Lebron.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

why should they? you don't get over stuff like that. you don't get over the oilers blowing a 35 point lead in the playoffs. it hurts less over the years, but things that really really suck, really really suck forever.

even if the cavs go on to win 5 championships in the next 20 years, cavs fans should still be pissed at lebron.

3 people like this.
  3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Lebron had every right to leave Cleveland BUT he went about it totally the wrong way. For that he'll suffer for the rest of his carrier & maybe longer... (In Cleveland at least)

4. 523744

523744 Member

This will all blow over soon enough. Just like Kobe's rape, Magic's AIDS, the countless players that have been associated with drugs and guns..

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^that's the sad thing about our society...

QFT...

6. echu888

echu888 Member

It'll blow over for the NBA at large, but not for Ohio... he will be booed for his entire career there.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Ok, ok, I'll problaby take that Oilers loss to my grave with me.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Houston still hasn't gotten over Pippen and the Stockton shot. These things are never gotten over.

9. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't think being hated in Ohio will matter much to Lebron if he ends up building a dynasty in Miami.

10. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

True, but he will get tired of being asked questions about Cleveland just like Tiger is already getting tired of questions asked about his humping style. But I tend to agree, he really doesn't care.

11. Landry92

Landry92 Member

What a Pathetic city .. J Noah was right

12. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

No kidding. My heart sunk just reading about it again.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sure there would be no other NBA city that would have the same reaction. :rolleyes:

Billboard is awesome.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

In fairness, if there's any fanbase that deserves to have something like this happen to them, it's Cleveland fans.

Seriously, I freaking hate Cleveland fans.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Or the 05 series against the Mavericks.
    Or the McGrady era.
    etc. etc.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

and I'll never forget Pippen falling down in the last seconds of the game in the Lakers/Rockets series

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sorry.

I'm definitely a bigger bball fan than football, so the Stockton shot hurts. And the Game 7 loss to the Sonics the year before we won the championship hurts. And the inability to grab a rebound in Game 7 against the Jazz a few years back hurts....

BUT...nothing hurts like the turd that was that second half against the Bills.

And even with that, and even not ever being a huge Lebron guy or caring about Cleveland or whatever...I could envision why given who Lebron is, what he means to that city and area, his leaving, and more importantly, the way he went about it, the way he sucked in the second half of that Celtics series, etc, etc, hurting just as bad if not worse than that Oilers collapse.

1 person likes this.
  18. blink

blink Contributing Member

im so damn glad lebron left cleveland. two years ago, i told some obnoxious cleveland fans that even though theyre gonna win games but lebron is gonna leave in 2010. glad i got the last laugh.

and yes, cleveland is taking being dumped to a whole new level.

19. Serg300

Serg300 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l0yEq0Sr8IM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l0yEq0Sr8IM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>